The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 00:47:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Speaking of "Boom Boom"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Speaking of "Boom Boom"  (Read 2487 times)
Gary Justus

« on: October 10, 2009, 18:15:46 pm »

For some of you (more mature) Orange County guys, how about some of those places on Harbor (down past GG blvd.) like "The Boom-Boom Room" and "The Chi-Chi Club". I remember going to the ABC store with my parents and driving that stretch of Harbor and looking at every other "place of business" with lots of flashy colors and lights wondering what was going on in there. By the time I was driving (my '63 Kombi) I think "The Chi-Chi Club", with its 30 ft. tall sign, was the only one left. I was still too young to get in Angry
low oval
DKK

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 03:53:13 am »

I don't think you want to hit the boom boom room  Huh

"and that's when the cops showed up"
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 04:11:39 am »

I don't think you want to hit the boom boom room  Huh

HAHA!! It's okay, Jim... let him. It'll be entertaining.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 04:38:50 am »

I remember them, but I also was to young at the time. I can vouch for Mustang Ranch though. Booooyaaaa!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 04:42:02 am by vdubkid » Logged

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
kingsburgphil

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 05:08:58 am »

For some of you (more mature) Orange County guys, how about some of those places on Harbor (down past GG blvd.) like "The Boom-Boom Room" and "The Chi-Chi Club". I remember going to the ABC store with my parents and driving that stretch of Harbor and looking at every other "place of business" with lots of flashy colors and lights wondering what was going on in there. By the time I was driving (my '63 Kombi) I think "The Chi-Chi Club", with its 30 ft. tall sign, was the only one left. I was still too young to get in Angry
I like you was saved by the bell, under 21. But I do recall seeing young Marines, bored and having struck out at nearby Disneyland frequenting
those clubs. By the time I was at the legal drinking age, my hands were full with local girls and had no need for sleazy clubs on Harbor blvd. Last I heard
the bars on Harbor catered to the GLAD crowd, but that's been quite some time ago. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: