The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 00:51:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Quartzsite AZ Roadtrip
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Quartzsite AZ Roadtrip  (Read 12020 times)
WhiteTrash

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 23:36:10 pm »

How long is your coach Dave?

In feet please. Wink

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 01:13:25 am »

Dig the Vista Cruiser idea!!

Roughly 34 1/2 feet bumper to bumper. Two other models were offered, roughly 30' and 27'

The "short" buses are tough to find... Oh yeah, I know of two Vista Liners for sale Grin (both around $20K)

Enjoy the madness Grin Grin

SlingShot

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 00:16:49 am »

Thanks for the nice words guys...

Of all the vehicles I've owned over the years, the old Flx has provided the most smiles per mile Grin

Funny how VW owners are drawn to it!

Mat & Fiatdude, with the current economy, some good deals are out there: http://prescott.craigslist.org/rvs/1556881852.html

Hey Mike, just between us-- I like my Baja better too Wink Thanks buddy Grin

~DR.

If anyone wants this thing I can do an inspection, I live close.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:37:43 am by SlingShot » Logged

Will Race For Beer !!!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 03:06:08 am »

WOW! Seriously cool pics, Dave. Thanks for sharing. Really diggin' on that black bus, too. Almost looks like a prisoner transport unit.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 21:19:04 pm »

How long is your coach Dave?

In feet please. Wink

Frank,
Why don't you post some pics off your uber cool racecar transporter!

Jelle

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
SCOTTP

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 22:50:56 pm »

Thought I'd share some pic's from my annual Flxible Bus Rally held in Quartzsite AZ, U.S.A.

QTZ is the home to the largest gathering of "Snowbirds" aka retired campers / travelers who make the trip out west from the east to enjoy the sunshine and warm weather.

Motorhome conventions, vendors, flea markets, any food you could imagine are the order of the day... much like a county fair atmosphere full of retired folks.

My group "Flxible Owners International" are some of the most interesting yet laid back folks you'll ever meet, sharing the common interest of these cool old buses. Many hours are spent checking out each others rigs, telling tall tales, soaking in the heat from a large campfire, and of course eating and drinking way too much... good times for sure.

Our buses are rear engine pushers, nearly everybody tows a "dinghy" many of them are VW's

My pic's are from my i-Phone, I'm not hip to resizing so please bear with the quality (or lack of it Grin)

I know this is not VW related, but if it helps think of my bus as a king sized Barndoor...

Hope you enjoy the ride... Grin

The first shot is I-10 East heading in to Qtz... second shot is the town... all those white specs are campers.. they go on for miles!

We just went through there this weekend going to Scotsdale.....we wondered what was going on. I've never seen so many motorhomes in one area.

Der Kleiner Panzers III

'63 Ghia Coupe

140" 2332cc powered Frameworks Dragster

'63 Notchback in the works
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: