The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 10:59:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350871 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  67 switch questions !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 67 switch questions !  (Read 6773 times)
Kaferdog
DKK

« on: February 14, 2010, 04:27:30 am »

Ok first off .....what is the right location for ...headlight,wipers and emergency flashers on a "67' Dash wise ...Second Question,,,,,I'm trying to hook up my emergency flashers , the previous owner musta pulled the switches out and crossed some wires !..I've got them sorted out except for my turnsignal light in my speedo..!the diagram say's it goes to Bl ..I think......... but there is no Bl on my flasher box ..! I have 54 & 54f....?.......Anyclues ?

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
deano

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 04:44:28 am »

Wiper switch driver's side.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 04:44:34 am »

Randy, you have the right black box? You know I have a few black box's. Maybe somebody can give you the right part # for that black box and check yours, and I can check what I have.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
deano

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 05:01:47 am »

Indicator lights (speedo) are usually known as "K". According to my chart, the center indicator light, K1 (used for both turn signals), goes to 56A, on the fuse panel, third from the left.

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 05:11:00 am »

Deano.....The diagram I have say's that K3 goes to Bl...? on the box....There is no Bl on the Flasher box ?....I'm Trying to find the other end for K3...There is S  VL  VR  54  54f  49a  30   15 & KBL on the flasher box...!

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 05:13:10 am »

everything works execpt for my turnsignal indicator light which is wht I need to connect but to where    K3 to...?

deano

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 05:16:33 am »

K3 is your high beam light (to K on your relay). K1 is your center turn signal light, which goes to 56A on your fuse panel. 

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:23:06 am »

Dean on my speedo the high beam indicator is on the top  and the arrows are on the bottom in the center the generator and oil light's are to the left and right..!

deano

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 05:23:54 am »

Yes, I know....

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 05:26:10 am »

So K3 is the one I looking for the other end of ...

Ted.... I have a few box's you gave me which don't ,but the markings are all the same ..!!

deano

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 05:37:50 am »

This should help.

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 05:57:02 am »

Dean I see what your saying ..My diagram is different than yours.....Here's  mine [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:03:47 am by Kaferdog » Logged

von-dart

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 16:40:41 pm »

have you tried connecting the  "k3" wire to "KBL" on your relay?

looking at the diagram Deano posted the wire goes to "KBI"  , but i noticed its a bus wiring diagram,so it may be slightly different to yours.

if all the other wires are connected on your relay, is KBL the only unused one?

Smiley
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 16:44:52 pm »

You can also opt to connect the turn signal indicator light in your speedo (K3) to 49a on the flasher relay (black box).

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 17:10:36 pm »

Yes I tried "KBL" to "K3" it did not work ....I then thought about "K3" to "49a"...Now I have a "new Problem"....Oil and Generator warning lights are not working on the speedo...!!!!....Oil light is working on my tach mount but not on the speedo...!

Am I wrong or do you guys "Bl" could be 'KBL"...I don't see it on any of the relay box's I have ?..... Shocked

von-dart

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 17:49:07 pm »

there should be a wire just below the k3 flasher bulb,on the speedo, that goes to the fuse board. check to make sure the wires aren't crossed over with each other,also check to see if your flasher warning bulb isn't blown, they are obvious things ,but easy to miss sometimes !
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 17:57:35 pm »

Yes ..I noticed that last night...I will check it out ...! Thanks

deano

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 18:30:53 pm »

Count the number of terminals on your main relay, to determine which wiring chart you need to use.

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 19:15:32 pm »

Is there any changes between euro and us models ?

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 19:50:10 pm »

GOT IT.....!!!!   ok the oil & generator warning lights was easy !...As Von-Dart stated the terminal below "K3" wire had got knocked off ...that was easy !..Now as far as my turnsignal flasher warning light I tapped off of "49a"....Now everything works...!!!.....I know the diagram Dean showed me from the bus shows that "KBL" is the right location . Now I guess the Bug is different..?"KBL" won't work on mine ....I would like to know about the "Bl" on the flasher relay...I don't have that on any of my 4 flashers Huh....But thanks Guys for the help..!

Thanks Again
Randy

Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 19:53:46 pm »

Is there any changes between euro and us models ?
Danny that is a good Question !!...Maybe someone will know that ...?  I think somewhere I saw the codes for the connections (49a,KBL,30,15,54a...etc,etc) as anyone seen these

TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 20:13:34 pm »

I've never checked into it, but often times the KBL terminal 'dies' for some reason, that's why I'll tap into the 49a signal. This is also prevalent on the later 4-prong flasher relays ... maybe I'll check into it someday when the signal 'dies' on my car.

Glad you got it working.

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
von-dart

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 20:23:50 pm »

Glad you got it sorted!

1970 type 2s have the KBL connection according to the diagrams on Samba. From memory, my '69 bug tapped from 49a as well. (euro spec)

Euro model '67s were still 6 volt and, i think, only had the "silver can" relay,and no emergency flasher switch.
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 06:23:58 am »

Once again ..Thanks guys !... Grin Grin Grin

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 06:36:11 am »

Your very welcome Kaferdog!  Wink  Grin

VW Classic 2012
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 20:11:51 pm »

Hey... your speedo needle is BROKEN..... Tongue Tongue Grin

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 20:29:09 pm »

Hey... your speedo needle is BROKEN..... Tongue Tongue Grin
I knew it was only a matter of time before somebody would catch that...!..... Shocked Roll Eyes...Damn it ..!!! ..Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: