The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:47:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350832 Posts in 28603 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  heavy duty swingaxles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: heavy duty swingaxles  (Read 3555 times)
Fast Eddie

« on: March 16, 2010, 14:11:43 pm »

what is available, and what is the problems i have heard about with sway away axles?
cheers
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 17:18:20 pm »

what is available, and what is the problems i have heard about with sway away axles?
cheers

Please note that it seems like the problems are very geographical. For example, we do not have a problem with swingaxles in Norway and Sweden. But if you ask any American they would say that most swingaxles are shit, including sway away. Why do you think? Are the traction better over there or are the engines stronger? Neither if you ask me, people buy shit products because shit is cheap. Cry once and buy Karpiola axles. A life time warranty could also be a USP. Cost you ask? 600 EUR for a pair.

Best rgs
BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
mcmscott

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:04:31 am »

Someone askes a honnest question and you start asking about tracktion on some one elses track? You have good luck with Karpiolawhowevers axles, and thats great But honnestly what are your oppinions on 'other axles" Lets keep this prefesional as I also want to know
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:20 am »

Someone askes a honnest question and you start asking about tracktion on some one elses track? You have good luck with Karpiolawhowevers axles, and thats great But honnestly what are your oppinions on 'other axles" Lets keep this prefesional as I also want to know

I thought I gave Fast Freddie a honest reply but let me rephrase it; why buy and use China crap and risk loosing your life? I would have understood it if the China crap was any good but when you hear and read about people braking their axles it is hardly worth it. Is it?

Fast Eddie

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 22:39:34 pm »

so where are these karpiola axles available from? 600 is alot, but i dont wanna buy stuff and break it, then buy again...
so 600 may be better in the long run.
Fast Eddie

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 22:53:20 pm »

aaah just done a search, karpiola from kuplapaja. if my spelling is correct. i have sent an email.
mcmscott

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 07:06:29 am »

As long as you are not an American you will do just fine, on a side note I would like more info on these Karpiola axles,as I am American and am very afraid of my stay-a-ways (Please accept my sarcasm, mostly just for fun) Wink
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 09:08:23 am »

As long as you are not an American you will do just fine, on a side note I would like more info on these Karpiola axles,as I am American and am very afraid of my stay-a-ways (Please accept my sarcasm, mostly just for fun) Wink

Accepted  Wink I`m happy over the fact that we can have a bit of sarcasm here on The Lounge.

Let me tell you what I know about Karpiola axles. Karpiola is a small family company, three sons and the father. Limited production numbers and strict quality control. They are available from Jussi in Finland and his business Kuplapaja; http://www.kuplapaja.com/ You can write to Jussi using this email; info@kuplapaja.com English is no problem at all. Jussi usually have the original length axles in stock but also specials are possible. He packs them well and can send them world wide.

Hope this helps.

Best rgs
BB
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 23:59:13 pm by BeetleBug » Logged

Ragtop

8.93 at SCC 2012

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 22:20:46 pm »

Just ordered a set the other day. Have only heard good things about them. Donīt really trust my current axles, Iīve done a 1.35 start with them and they lasted but still like BB wrote I wanna be sure of my axles.

/Johan

Turbo Town "Home of the overboost addicts"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: