The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 10, 2024, 04:59:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350906 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  JSC needle bearing 1.25 ratio rockers...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: JSC needle bearing 1.25 ratio rockers...  (Read 1824 times)
bugnut68

« on: March 30, 2010, 23:57:02 pm »

Just curious if there's anyone with experience running these?  I'm looking for any details, such as whether needle bearings are desirable or if they have any faults, and what sort of durability to be expected from Johnny Speed and Chrome rockers?  Found a pair for a pretty good price elsewhere, just wondering if they're a quality product.  The seller says he recently installed new bearings in them.  Asking $90... is the verdict yay or nay on them from the quality/durability perspective?
Rick Sadler

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 05:16:47 am »

The JSC rockers were built by and are the same as Autocraft. If you purchased a certain number of sets that would acid etch the name.

Der Kleiner Panzers
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:24:40 am »

Thats a good price, Rick is right, when I worked at Auto-Craft, they did make them for JSC and maybe a couple of other companies, meaning they would etch the company name, like Rick say's. They are good rocker, just make sure the pad is not worn in. I remember some being a little soft, and the pad was worn and would need to be reground real bad, then heat treated again. The Chinese ones are not bad, then have Berg shafts put on, I did that to 2 sets done by Berg, worked great. OR just buy CB's for the money.

Forgot, I have seen some bearing failers, including a set that I had a long time ago, but they are replaceable, I mite even have the part # just in case.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
bugnut68

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 16:38:14 pm »

The fellow selling them says he just installed new Timkin needle bearings... I've done a little research and there seems to be a lot of negative things associated with needle bearings for rockers, at least in a daily driver, something about lack of oil resource leading to galling of the rocker shafts and bearing wear.  Just curious what folks here thought.  Thanks for the info so far, guys!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: