The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 03:10:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Having trouble with a wheel polishing company and need some advice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Having trouble with a wheel polishing company and need some advice  (Read 1865 times)
Sam K

« on: May 13, 2010, 16:47:38 pm »

So back in March, I sent the center caps and lugnuts from my alloys to a company called Al Reed polishing to have them re-polished. I had heard good things about them and I talked to them a couple times before I sent my stuff to them so I felt pretty confident about their work. About a week after I sent my parts I called to make sure they arrived and they said I should have them back in a week or so. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I tried to call and nobody answered. Over the next week or so, I left them several messages. I finally called and somoeone answered. He told me that one of the people there was having some health problems so they were behind. He took down my number and said he would find out what was going on with my stuff and call me back. He never did. Since then, I've tried to call dozens more times and left several messages. I've spoken to the same guy two more times and had the exact same conversation. I don't want to come of like some unsympathetic a-hole or anything, but I'm getting kind of frustrated. For the last week or so the voicemail box is full so I can't leave any more messages. I understand if they can't do it but at least they could send my stuff back so I can have someone esle polish them. I'm about ready to give up and buy another set of caps and lugnuts but I don't really want to drop $400 or so on stuff I already bought once. Since I don't live in SoCal I can't just drive on over. What should I do?
Clyde Berg

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 17:04:42 pm »

I deal with Al all the time and it is true about the health issues. Call me 714 632-9229 andgive me your info and I would be happy to drive by for you and find out whats up.

Clyde
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 20:29:54 pm »

Al has done all my Porsche Alloys over the years.  He was always prompt and fair with me too.  Sounds like there is some validity to the delays. Hope Al's health is ok.  I have had many set of alloys done by him and all turned out primo.

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
2manytoys

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 22:15:02 pm »

I am bummed to hear that there are some health issues n the Reed camp. I have had Al do wheels, polish, chrome, anodize and even had them do several sets of center caps. Fast service, fair prices and nice work. Sorry to hear there is a delay in getting your stuff and just wanted to post to say I think you will be taken care of. Nice of Clyde to offer to help.

Patrick Friel -..2manytoys, not enough time or money
Sam K

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 00:28:39 am »

Big thanks to Clyde Berg for getting this sorted out. My caps and lugnuts should be back this week.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: