The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 12:23:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Hot idling problem with my IDA's - any suggestions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hot idling problem with my IDA's - any suggestions?  (Read 1761 times)
Sam K

« on: August 28, 2010, 16:24:09 pm »

I'm having a little trouble with my 48 IDA's. I spent a lot of time tuning and jetting a few months ago and overall they run great and usually idle right at 950 rpm's but when I have been driving on the freeway for a little while and come to a stop at the end of an exit ramp or if traffic come to a halt, it will ilde lower and lower until it dies. If I nusre the throttle a little and keep it running, it will usually idle own it's own eventually. Once I have been driving on surface roads at lower speeds for a few minutes it will idle at 950 again. As far as jetting goes, it has 165 idle jets and 110 jet holders, 155 mains, 210 airs and F11 emulsion tubes. My floats heights are set properly, and I have the fuel pressure set at 3.5 psi. Any ideas?
Fasteddie63

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:50:12 am »

Dripping Accel Nozzels,Sticking Needle Valves,Too Rich Idle Mixture,Timing Falling Back Too Far
Langburger

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:04:27 am »

I had the same problem.
On my engine the carbs are not sat totally level, the front was lower by a few mm and at the recommended float level the float bowl was overflowing into the front bores intermittently and i guess more so under braking. I dropped the floats to 3mm and its been fine since.
running 2276 at 3.5psi, just had it dynoed and no fuelling issues at WOT
hope that helps
Nick

1950 Beetle 2276 NA
DKR - www.dkrclub.co.uk
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: