The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:34:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Mystery T34 sunroof
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mystery T34 sunroof  (Read 2858 times)
Lightning

« on: September 11, 2010, 20:33:42 pm »

I'm trying to find out what type of sunroof is fitted to my T34 Ghia. It's not an original, electric Golde sunroof, but a manually operated sliding steel roof.

The hole in the roof is nicely done with folded and reinforced edges. A complete tub is welded onto the roof underside with drains in each corner. All drain pipes go back through the C-pillar and out in the rear wheel housings, two on each side. There are no drain holes above the C-pillar as on original sunroof cars.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The sliding roof is on small rollers and locked in any position by operating a lever. It's a perfect fit with the curvature matching the roof.

Anyone got any info on what type/manufacturer this sunroof could be?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 20:55:30 pm by Lightning » Logged
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 01:47:36 am »

Webasto?

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Lightning

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 22:17:03 pm »

Yes, it might be a Webasto Holandia something. Have however not found any info about it. Did send an e-mail to Webasto some weeks ago, but no answer so far. They still make after-market sunroofs, but the T34 is no longer in the price-list.

If anyone has a Webasto brochure/pricelist from the mid sixties or early seveties, that would maybe solve the mystery. And give me a clue on where to find parts....

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 22:34:29 pm »

Although not "T-34", maybe this could help as far as seeing if the hardware matches, etc..

http://www.karmannghias.org/Webasto.htm

http://karmannghias.org/Webasto/WebastoPartsb.htm
Lightning

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 21:22:59 pm »

Still a mystery, but now there is one more wondering; http://www.type34.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=4539.

This must be the same sunroof, so it's not a one-off. At least a two-off. The manufacturer still remains unknown, as well as the reason why anybody would do such an extensive job when the car could be bought with optional, electric sunroof from the factory.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: