The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 09:51:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Mike Smith Update 2/7/2011
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mike Smith Update 2/7/2011  (Read 2046 times)
Susy

PowderPuff VW Racing Rocks

« on: February 08, 2011, 03:20:17 am »

I just spoke to Mike, and he seems in good spirits, as good as one can get after being hit head on.  His foot & ankle are really messed up - he dislocated his shoulder - cracked his knee....etc.

The sad part is that he did not get any medical help for an hour - since he was up in the hills!

Dyno went to visit him today!

He said he should be out of the hospital maybe by the end of the week?? - but will need about 3 months to recover.

Please keep sending him healing thoughts.  He can really use them right now!

Susy  (714) 349-0575
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:27:25 am by Susy » Logged

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
Type 1 - 2400cc  48 IDA's - 12 Second Street Car - Pump Gas
PowderPuff VW Racing Coordinator
2009 & 2010 Series Two PowderPuff Champion
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:41:38 am »

That's good (and bad) news. I hope things work out for Mike. Give him my best.

Keith
xx

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:29:43 am »

YIKES....well...my long time vw brother and best friend of almost 40 years... Mike Smith  will be on the mend for several months of extensive physical therapy before he will be out of the woods. This last saturday he embarked upon his usual sunny day ride on his  honda 1000 motorcycle into the hills and upon coming into a turn another driver went wide right into the path of Mike at about 60mph and mike was going about 45mph just cruisin'. Mike hit the front left driver front end which pitched him into the driver pillar then he flew several yards until landing on his back where he laid motionless in severe pain and shock for more than an hour before he could be attended to by ambulance. The cycle is totaled and Mike sustained critical injuries//separated shoulder/multiple contusions/severed  toe(now reattached ) crushed foot with multiple screws and pins/full leg cast/thank goodness there were no major  internal injuries..also some other minor damage but bottom line is 3to 4 months off his feet and perhaps will be more than a year to walk normal again. CHP report taken and the other driver was cited in the wrong so its a closed case but only time will tell to see if he has the faculty and or desire to ever ride or race again. I have been enlisted to be his personal aid for at least the next 3 months in an effort to see him back to his ol' grumpy self.....  Thanks to everyone on Mikes behalf//peace out, Dyno Don
RobtheManx

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:49:03 am »

Good to hear he will be OK , send him our best Don .

Rob

SPG Roller Cranks rarely live long!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: