The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:13:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  Sven Olof Brorssons complete car getting a new home!!T1 -59 and TIV 2.6 engine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sven Olof Brorssons complete car getting a new home!!T1 -59 and TIV 2.6 engine  (Read 10481 times)
Frallan

« on: November 22, 2010, 02:31:05 am »

For those who knew Sven Olof Brorsson also knows he was a really nice guy, he contributed not only to the Swedish ACVW community but also to a lot of knowledge in the international communities.
He passed away far to young and without any warning of health problems.
He left wife and two young children.
Close friends of the family are now selling his ACVW belongings for the full benefit of his children.
As all the advertisement has been in Sweden, I am trying to help by doing this post.

For SEK 70 000, USD 10 500 or € 7500 you can become owner of most of the VW belongings he left behind.
It is his car, complete with everything to get it running again PLUS extra parts for gearboxes, engine cases and parts to build  almost an extra complete longblock.
There is no detailed inventory list of the extras but pictures say a lot.

Sven Olof left us in the middle of Swedish winter and he had both his car and the engine taken a part for a series of good upgrades.
The car was getting prepared for a new coat of blue paint.
The engine was upgraded with a new crank and new FAT H-profile rods.
The cam was a new grind by Greg Aronsson at FAT.

The heads are the professionally ported ones Sven Olof did himself and so also the magnificently built three step header.

Sven Olof is famous  for doing extensive research and then testing the ideas for years in his own car. It was very seldom down due to broken parts. He drove it long distances, raced it and drove it back home.

Car
Lowered spindles
Front discs with Wilwood brake reducer
Porsche Graburner rims Very light!
MSD 6T with two step module
Koni shocks
Jaucee torsionplates
IRS converted
Geen Berg transaxle mounts

Engine
78 x 103.65 (2632 cc)
New crank (unknown make but most likely from FAT
New FAT H beam rods
FAT FC 446 camshaft
Type 1 conversion flywheel with 200 mm clutch
Sven Olof heads with Manley 48/40 and K-motion K800
Pauter 1 to 1.48 rockers
IDA 50.8
GB linkage
3 step exhaust by Sven Olof with two mufflers. Constant area modification in the inlet bend to muffler.

Gearbox
091 based
LSD differential
3,10 ERCO
1,93 ERCO
1,26 VW
0,89 VW
IMI HiTorque starter

Write to me on fredrik.reichel@tetrapak.com or send a SMS text message and I will call you back. +507 6672-2549
For most detailed answers you can also call directly Oscar Karlsson on  +46 706 366273

Pictures coming separately
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 20:17:24 pm by Frallan » Logged

Frallan

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 02:53:13 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:00:17 am by Frallan » Logged

Cornpanzer

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 03:17:15 am »

Sven was an icon for our era.  Good luck with the sale.  I never saw the car, but what he achieved with it was amazing!

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Frallan

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:52:29 am »

Just another important input.
The price is set low. Ther are reasons for that and hopefully this package will sell soon.
Items do not sell separately so do not write or call about that specific questions please.

The friends of the family helping to sell these items are not taking any profit margin at all.
100% of the sell goes in to the childrens bank account.

So if ever a price was fixed as advertised, this is it.

Frallan

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 19:15:45 pm »

The 091 transmission has GB intermediate housing and at least one of the other 091 transmission has goodies in it too.
Unfortunately we do not know what.

Please write rather than post PM as I can answer quicker.
The car is located in Vimmerby Sweden on the east coast.

Frallan

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 00:07:02 am »

As far as I know Sven Olof did low 12 second runs with his car.
In 2004 he was doing 12,3 on the quarter.
His target for 2009 was for sure to dip below the 12 s mark as she modified the suspension with the Konis, Jaycee plates and if I understand some other series of stuff in the gearbox and more
The car is light, the engine is powerful but still reliable enough to do long tranportaion runs and have the car stuffed with camping stuff....not spare parts as many of others do.

Today we have three interested contenders for the car.
UK, Sweden and Belgium.
One of the buyers is asking me to check with Johannes at JPM if he can do the assembly of the engine....:-) what a good compromise if that can be realized!
I have just tried to contact him but ended up writing a mail.
I am sure that SOB would be smiling in Air Cooled Heaven and rest in even better good peace if this happens.
Let us work on it and I promise to update the story as it unfolds.

This is not just a sales but an heritage.
Feel free to chip in with history of SOB and the car if you have FACTS.
I know it is an advertisement but so what, it needs attention.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:48:58 am by Frallan » Logged

Frallan

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 00:35:02 am »

OK, One of the guys backed off as he could not do that kind of money right now.
Who can?

I wish I could myslef because I honestly know how much good stuff this is.

Fredrik

volkskris

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 17:53:59 pm »

7500€ for this is a steal. I'm sad that I don't have the money, it would be sold already. Undecided
Frallan

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 18:09:59 pm »

Yes it is a good price.

I will now start another activity in order to get a better overview of all parts included.
In other words, a much more detailed inventory list as we can do without taking anything apart.

It will be some days but soon it will be posted.

Open question to anyone in Sweden; Do you have good contacts on shipping of this car and parts at low price to UK?
Any tips?
If we could find a reliable and cheap way than by a potential buyer to go to Sweden by car/trailer and picking it up, we would be doing a lot better and likely sales.

I repeat, this is not an ordinary sales as there are no other profit makers than the buyer and the children.
He or she will make a capitol equipment investment at low cost.

Eddie DVK

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 09:26:27 am »

wow!

i hope it find a good home. someone who can make it live up to it's reputation again.

Was hoping the same...
That car has been my inspiration for my own car.

Said this when it was up for sale for the first time.

One of the best looking European Callook car on the Callook.com forum in the early years of the forum.

Hope it goes to a good home, I hate it that I don t have the cash, a would bought it in a heartbeat.

Good luck with the sale (for his family) Frallan

Kind Regards Edgar

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
Frallan

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 19:39:39 pm »

One immediate update is needed which we thought would be important to share.
We have not identified any IRS driveshafts or CV´s yet.
Oskar "The Hose/Slangen" will try to take a new round in the garage later in the week.
He will also look for potential written notes, receipts and other findings.

Gearbox update
The 091 hightech gearbox for the car is of course included and so is one stock clean 091 extra gearbox.
What is NOT included is a series of other 091 spare parts and spare gearboxes.
One spare gearbox is in a more or less complete state.
This will be sold separately.

TIV mag case
In the pictures it is not clear but at least one extra finished al TIV case is available AND a TIV magnesium case.
The market value of these cases are climbing everyday.

Short TIV manifolds

The long black manifolds that SOB used are included but not the semifinished short manifolds.

A detailed inventory list with more information is in the making.

Frallan

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 03:23:33 am »

One small step for ......the sale and one big step for the potential buyer thanks to contact with Per Ericsson at CSP Sweden.
Thanks, your support is appreciated!

Skandia transport reffered me to another company Hedgu in Hasslarp that can take upon them the job.
So now I have a transport company that is looking in to affordable shipping from Gothenburg to UK.
Let us hope that the "affordable" means the same for them as it does for me.
I do not have a price yet but let us see tomorrow or Monday. :-)

Frallan

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 20:21:21 pm »

Seems we have a neighbouring Scandinavian country that will take care of the Sven Olof Brorsson heritage.
It makes me very happy for the new buyer and also for Mia and the children.

New buyer popped up and had been luring for a while but he was now very deciseful.
Final sale pending full payment at pick up but it seems to be a real deal with a down payment done.

Good!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: