The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 02:14:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  UK-bugshops
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UK-bugshops  (Read 2708 times)
vwcab

peter

« on: December 08, 2010, 15:04:14 pm »

Last weekend we(my wife,my brother ,his wife and I)went for a trip ,x-mas shopping to England.
We had a great time,sunday even the whole day sunshine and not that cold.We had a hotel in Folkestone and...........to cut a long story short,in the summer we will
come back again.
Now my question,are there any vw-shops in that area(Dover,Folkestone,Canterburry,Ashford),so we can check them out next year.

Peter  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
herbieharv

13.5@99.5mph virgin

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 20:23:17 pm »

i think you will have to go further up to southend for karman konnection etc or over near brighton for vw heritage/ssp

I keep meeting cloned mates in other country's .....I'm getting worried there might be another one of me

15.00 secs in a jumbo ... Mile high club member
beetletom

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 19:19:55 pm »

karmann konnection is much better, have a proper shop and a small museum

i wouldn't bother going to heritage,unless you are in the area. they just have a small counter.

theres not much in the way of vw shops in the uk

cool air are in kent, and have lots of stock on display apparently...
vwcab

peter

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:45:18 am »

Thanks for the info boys.
Peter  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Prowagen

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 20:42:01 pm »

Hi Peter,
When are you thinking of coming over?
We are in Canterbury, which is also a beautiful city, your welcome to look over our small humble workshop and we could go and get some good local food and beer.

Cheers,
Rob.
vwcab

peter

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 22:49:10 pm »

Hi Peter,
When are you thinking of coming over?
We are in Canterbury, which is also a beautiful city, your welcome to look over our small humble workshop and we could go and get some good local food and beer.

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi Rob,
.We where there last weekend,we went shopping in Canterbury last saturday.And I know about that good local food and beer.On our way back to our hotel in Folkestone,we had
diner (fish and chips) in the "black horse"@ Densole.On sunday we went to Ashford and took the boat back in the afternoon.
Too bad I didn't know you are in Canterbury,I hope the offer still stands for next year,because we'll sure come back.(in the summer).I will let you know ( p.m.) when we are coming over,and  visit  the "Prowagen-workshop".See you.
Regards,Peter   Wink
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 22:50:50 pm by vwcab » Logged

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Duck

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 14:52:59 pm »

Karmann konnection is worth a visit, we were down there earlier in the year and mentioned we were'nt local so they opened the small museum up for us out back (where i promptly fell for the unrestored 356 they had sitting about Cheesy)
Prowagen

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 21:25:36 pm »

Hi Rob,
.We where there last weekend,we went shopping in Canterbury last saturday.And I know about that good local food and beer.On our way back to our hotel in Folkestone,we had
diner (fish and chips) in the "black horse"@ Densole.On sunday we went to Ashford and took the boat back in the afternoon.
Too bad I didn't know you are in Canterbury,I hope the offer still stands for next year,because we'll sure come back.(in the summer).I will let you know ( p.m.) when we are coming over,and  visit  the "Prowagen-workshop".See you.
Regards,Peter   Wink

No problem, let us know when you plan to come over again and we shall arrange a meet up Smiley

Regards,
Rob.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: