The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 18:52:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Cruz to Bobs Big Boys Burgers in Burbank
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cruz to Bobs Big Boys Burgers in Burbank  (Read 5582 times)
DKK Ted
DKK

« on: August 30, 2010, 02:40:08 am »

Ok, have a wild idea, was thinking of getting some people together, starting from my house in Whittier and cruz to Bobs Big Boys in Burbank on a Friday to there Friday night Cruz Night. Would be a drive, but from house, would cruz down Whittier Blvd. to 605N to the 210W to the 134 to Burbank, alot of freeway driving, but a nice drive. On there website the Cruz night is from 5-10. The only problem is the parking there and what time we would go to GET parking. Never been there so may go one Friday to see for myself how things would work. SO, if anybody is familiar with this place or anybody has input, please, lets see your input. Good idea or bad idea. At my house there is plenty of parking due to there is a fenced in playground across the street with access on the other side. So really nobody parks across the street from me. Not that there would be alot of cars going if we do this, but good to know. So lets hear what ya think about the idea. And if yes, who's down for the cruz?? For me, I think It'll be a cool drive over there with some VW's. Thanks guy's!

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Donny B.

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:15:42 am »

Boy Ted, that sounds cool.  After my part time job goes away.  I would love to drive to California and make the drive.  I grew up loving Bob's burgers.  Here in Phoenix we used to cruise Central Ave and through the Bobs Big Boy....       What fun!  I will follow this post and maybe I can encourage more folks from Phoenix to participate.  We don't have any Bob's here any longer.  Keep this thread going....

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Jim Ratto

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 20:13:22 pm »

I'd be down for that Ted. Not too far from my place at all. If you did it as a lunch thing you could hit up Autobooks in Burbank as well, on Magnolia. Cool idea. Mmmmm burgers.  Smiley
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 21:52:02 pm »

Sound's Like a good run ...! I would be down for a Bob's Burger & salad..!!!...Been years !.....hopefully we can make this happen !...... Cool

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 06:14:41 am »

Well so far so good, I also talked to Bill aka (Jr) from DKK VW Club. He actually lives about 2Min's from me here in Whittier. Said he was down for it also just to let him know a date. WOW Donny all the way from Phoenix, that is so cool if you can make it. But remember, this is an informal type cruz, we would meet here at my house, so far, then cruz down Whittier Blvd., that alone is cool, then on to the the freeway's. But once it's over at Bob Big Boy everybody on there own. Of course, if somebody breaks down I will be more than willing to help as far as using my AAA for tow, (within a 100 miles). Had even one idea from Randy that we can even start from Ruby's by my house, they also have a Cruz night on Friday's, but don't allow VW's we can park next to the yellow tape they use. But then that would switch the car show to US. LOL. But anyway any and all idea's are considered. Jim, that idea about going to Autobooks sounds good. Ya saw a show on sunday morning about burger places, then they talked about Bobs Big Boy and the cruz night they have, along with the burgers they serve. That's how I came up with this idea.I hope this works out. Either way 2 VW's or 20 VW's, will still do this. Really want to make this simple and straight forward. Of course ALL VW's are welcome for this cruz. Stay tune for updates and a date, still need to visit Bob to make sure will have parking for us. So timing is important.
One thing I ask, NO burnouts, NO speeding, Whittier PD will not look away. Want to make this a fun cruz, leave the burnouts and racing for the track. Thanks.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 06:19:03 am »

One thing I ask, NO burnouts, NO speeding, Whittier PD will not look away.

Yep, Whittier P.D. = the other Downey P.D. Two cities that frown upon cruising and modified cars. Ask me how I know.

Good call on that stuff, Ted.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 07:04:00 am »

I know what your talking about Mark, been around the block with Whittier, Montebello PD, back in the day, not fun. First, I don't want my neighbors to be yelling at me, if I was going into somebody else's neighborhood, I would show my respect. Second, would be a big bummer, if somebody got pulled over for exhibtion of speed and get there car taken away. Not good. Just want to have fun cruz over to Burbank and have a BURGER. And check out the other rides.  Cool

Ted

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 08:29:08 am »

Haven't forgotten, just waiten to see of more interest in this. If ya are, post. thanks.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
nigelg65

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 14:10:43 pm »

Been to Bob's a few times and the cruise does get busy. But there is a high turnover of people leaving and arriving so spaces are always coming free.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 03:56:18 am »

Hi all, haven't forgotten about the Bobs Big Boy Burgers Cruz I would like to do, I'm thinking early next year after the rain pass's, will keep you all updated who would like to go. I still think this would be a cool cruz. Again, any input or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
edcraig

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 06:02:46 am »

Hey Neighbor...if my car is ready when you do this, count me in!

...Ed.
Donny B.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 06:40:00 am »

Could this be done in conjunction with Bug-In?  That would be cool!  Like the day before Nicks...

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 06:46:57 am »

Could this be done in conjunction with Bug-In?  That would be cool!  Like the day before Nicks...

Nicks and Bobs would both be on Friday

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 08:29:28 am »

Hi Neighbor, that would be very cool if you join the cruz, I'll keep in contact with you to see where your at with your car.

Rick is right, both cruz nights are on Friday, and I'm pretty sure everybody would want to go to Nick anyway, including myself. Don't want to cross DKP or any other club, I have more respect for all these guy's.

So I would not put it on the same day to any other event, day before is fine, but except Bug-In or Classic's. But, this is open, more idea's from you all......

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: