The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 23:51:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351082 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Off Topic ?? CUSTOMS.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Off Topic ?? CUSTOMS.  (Read 3654 times)
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« on: December 17, 2010, 21:25:07 pm »

For years i've being ripped off, stolen from, held up, f***ed over by our governments finest. Lets hear it !
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 21:32:25 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Speed-Randy

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:26:49 am »

what tax rate are they charging at customs?

LuftsickTero

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 11:38:33 am »

For years i've being ripped off, stolen from, held up, f***ed over by our governments finest. Lets hear it !

Same thing in here. Funny how you visit the customs post and the customs nazis assumption is that you're trying to cheat unless you can proof that you're not. Lot of the stuff that is more harmful than car/motorcycle parts gets passed the customs without these guys noticing it. It's like those fuckers hate/envy you for having any extra money to spend to your hobbies.

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 12:41:05 pm »

Same thing in here. Funny how you visit the customs post and the customs nazis assumption is that you're trying to cheat unless you can proof that you're not. Lot of the stuff that is more harmful than car/motorcycle parts gets passed the customs without these guys noticing it. It's like those fuckers hate/envy you for having any extra money to spend to your hobbies.

X2

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 12:42:35 pm »

what tax rate are they charging at customs?

On car parts coming from the US it can go up to 30% of the value, these shitheads also charge a lot of times for the value PLUS shipping because they can't read a bill....

Done ? Not Yet.
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 15:46:46 pm »

That is usual – taxable value = cost of parts + shipping. Standard EU practice...

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
LuftsickTero

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 10:20:22 am »

That is usual – taxable value = cost of parts + shipping. Standard EU practice...

That has been the standard calculation practice probably since 70's (or even before). What's the tax free (gift) limit in UK? Do you have to go an fetch all the parcels from the customs post individually?

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 14:33:56 pm »

That has been the standard calculation practice probably since 70's (or even before). What's the tax free (gift) limit in UK? Do you have to go an fetch all the parcels from the customs post individually?

Overhere, i just have to pay up either on my frontdoor or the postoffice. No pay, No parcel.

Done ? Not Yet.
Neil Davies

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 18:29:07 pm »

£36 is the limit. So ok for magazines and the like, but not for bigger stuff.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Harry/FDK

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 21:25:50 pm »

My cases (T1-T4) and other parts are waiting to be "cleared" by our finest since 13th of December. All the paperwork with value and shipping rates are there and then they send  a copy for me to estimate the value. I'm going bezerk, why t.f. didn't i choose collecting stamps. Please Lord let me die with a tax-freed Pauter Crank on my chest.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 21:30:56 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: