The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 16:25:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Hurst shifter Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hurst shifter Question  (Read 2510 times)
youngnstudly

« on: May 17, 2011, 05:06:14 am »

I am installing the wire that goes from the reverse lockout loop on a Hurst shifter, to the lockout disc that slides up and down on the shift ball shaft at the bottom. I built this shifter from parts and it was never complete or working so I don't know how far the disc (that the wire hooks through) is supposed to be from the bottom of the ball in the 'rested" (or normal) position. Can anyone measure a working shifter for me and tell me what the measurement is from this disc to the bottom of the ball? Right now the disc hits the lower cage  with the wire not hooked up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Andy

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
61SNRF

Der Selten Kafers Charter Member

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 14:55:55 pm »

Sorry I don't have one out of the car to look at.
Deano did a good article on rebuilding one in this issue...
http://www.hotvws.com/images/Back%20Issues/2010%20Back%20Issues/Covers/Pages/06%20June_2010%20Cover.htm
youngnstudly

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 00:52:05 am »

Thanks 61SNRF, I have that article and didn't see where it said anything about the measurement I am looking for (although they show the assembly with the cable through the disc.  I think I'm SOL on this one. Sad It seems that everyone runs Berg shifters in cal-lookers or they have a Hurst with a broken cable (which doesn't help me). Thanks anyways.

Andy

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
toyotek

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 02:14:00 am »

Looks like 1 1/4" from the top of the disc to the bottom of the ball.
youngnstudly

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 05:33:12 am »

Wow, thank you so much! I didn't even work on the Hurst tonight but I will finish it tomorrow night and install it. Thanks again, that made my day!

Andy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: