The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 15:58:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Classic Nick's Pics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Classic Nick's Pics  (Read 20505 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 17:26:38 pm »

...."WEIRD guitar guy"

That dude was ANNOYING to the tenth power!!  Rosique is to be commended for standing so close to him (and long enough for you to compose a photo)... FAAAAAAAK Grin

X2

It was the worst part of the evening!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 17:44:26 pm »

I had people ask me if the Ghia that Buddy Hale brought to Nick's was a runner I told them that it was and I had build the engine and it was a running car I mentioned for them to wait until later to see it leave. I do not know why would someone bring a car to Nick's not running it would defeat the purpose of having it there. I know that the Hebmuller ( Black ) at the Classics was not running as the plug wires were not installed as well as the fuel lines even the fact that it took best in class at the Classic in the stock class.

Thanks
  Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
vwcab

peter

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 20:56:13 pm »

Thanks for the report, super nice pics!

DKP tshirt looks greats. Is there any chance to get a few in Europe?  Wink
x2,like that t-shirt too!!  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 21:30:09 pm »

Thanks to everyone for the pics!

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 10:27:30 am »

I had people ask me if the Ghia that Buddy Hale brought to Nick's was a runner I told them that it was and I had build the engine and it was a running car I mentioned for them to wait until later to see it leave. I do not know why would someone bring a car to Nick's not running it would defeat the purpose of having it there. I know that the Hebmuller ( Black ) at the Classics was not running as the plug wires were not installed as well as the fuel lines even the fact that it took best in class at the Classic in the stock class.

Thanks
  Frenchy
I was surprised to see the Heb win too at the Classic. I was under the same assumption that these cars had to drive to win Best of Show.

As far as the DKP trophy at Nicks IMO the trophy doesn't represent Best of Show rather it is Most Represented Car of DKP. It's a trophy that all the DKP members, based on their political opinions and common standards, chooses a car they think deserves the award for the cruise site at Nicks. That is my understanding from the club.

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 13:40:10 pm »

...."WEIRD guitar guy"

That dude was ANNOYING to the tenth power!!  Rosique is to be commended for standing so close to him (and long enough for you to compose a photo)... FAAAAAAAK Grin

X2

It was the worst part of the evening!

Guess I was lucky... I only heard two songs then he disappeared from our side of Nick's. We were laughing. Dave ran over to him for a quick shot when he knew I was going to my car for the Nikon. HA!

Some DEEK put this trash box on my car.

Q: What kind of Deek would put that trash can on your car?

A: All of them!

Grin Grin Grin

Actually, I don't think any of 'em would have done it. It was me.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
PIP

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 22:54:03 pm »

Thanks
  Frenchy
I was surprised to see the Heb win too at the Classic. I was under the same assumption that these cars had to drive to win Best of Show.

As far as the DKP trophy at Nicks IMO the trophy doesn't represent Best of Show rather it is Most Represented Car of DKP. It's a trophy that all the DKP members, based on their political opinions and common standards, chooses a car they think deserves the award for the cruise site at Nicks. That is my understanding from the club.

I mus-ta miss the part in the " Classic Show Car Handbook", that stated the car had to run...  For Best of Show.  The Heb does have a Complete Fuel System... It's just not rigged up, In ur face, like most vintage rides... far as the wires go..  The Plug wires I got last minute. Didn't suit my Fancy, so I didn't run'um... 

But thanks for all the Positive Complements, It was a lotta last minute work, to even get the Heb to the Show....

#247 ROMETSCH BEESKOW RESTO
http://www.dbkvw.com/photos/rometsch_beeskow_247_rest/
Dbkvw.com
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 23:11:00 pm »

The Heb was absolutely beautiful!!! Like a factory RS Heb.
   Our trophy is very simple; There are no politics. We look at the cars and raise our hands for the one we simply like . Which ever car gets the highest count, gets a trophy. I'm afraid people sometimes read way too much into it.

I also park at Nick's.
bugnut68

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 23:20:58 pm »

I've only been to one classic and that was in 2002, hope to get down there again one of these days... may need to plan a vacation around it one of these days. Grin
Stephen schmidt

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 23:46:13 pm »

Grin

WOW!  I loved this car last year and this year!  I can just imagine it with T-bars, stock width beam, raised rear to stock height and you'd have one fine custom looker!
Stephen schmidt

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 00:07:46 am »

The Heb was absolutely beautiful!!!

It was! 

But did you hear what it sold for?  Rediculous!  I don't care if its rare or one of five left in the world.  Its a VW and the hobby becomes a bidding game with people not being able to afford to enjoy the hobby any longer because of grossly overpriced vehicles.  It becomes a fancy for the extremely weathly in this world!  Just my rant. 

Still a nice car though!
Speed-Randy

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 00:23:29 am »

they are worth what someone will pay for them. If someone is gonna offer stupid money for your's, your's would be down the road just as quick.

bugnut68

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 00:55:52 am »

The Heb was absolutely beautiful!!!

It was! 

But did you hear what it sold for?  Rediculous!  I don't care if its rare or one of five left in the world.  Its a VW and the hobby becomes a bidding game with people not being able to afford to enjoy the hobby any longer because of grossly overpriced vehicles.  It becomes a fancy for the extremely weathly in this world!  Just my rant. 

Still a nice car though!

I'm amazed at what some folks consider some cars to be 'worth.'  Don't get me wrong, I totally understand it's worth what someone is willing to pay, and I (to a certain degree) respect that... but as a guy who will likely never in his lifetime have more money than I'll know what to do with, it's hard for me to fathom.  On the rare occasion I have a few dollars around to put into whatever little project I happen to be working on (in this case, a 2017 build that's been in the works for about two years), it's still very hard for me to spend the money when I have it, as it's so hard to come by.

My thoughts don't pertain to this Hebmuller of discussion, as I haven't seen it let alone heard anything of its sale, etc, just general thoughts.  I also hope the hobby doesn't evolve into what you describe, prices driven outside the realm of the average joe. 
Rennsurfer

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 00:57:19 am »

The Heb was absolutely beautiful!!! Like a factory RS Heb.
   Our trophy is very simple; There are no politics. We look at the cars and raise our hands for the one we simply like . Which ever car gets the highest count, gets a trophy. I'm afraid people sometimes read way too much into it.

Agreed on all points, John. GORGEOUS car and uniquely done at the same time. Good job on that ride, Pip!

~Sarge
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 00:57:57 am »

The Heb was just unreal... That paint was perfect!!! Glad I got the chance to see it the night before. Pip, you have one hell of a workshop. The asada was equally as good!! Grin Thanks for having us.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 01:00:58 am »

About the price, it's all labor and materials (and some supply and demand for a rare car!). No expense was spared in its build, and it showed. The best of the best.

It was a better deal than the $300 late model fanshroud I saw at OCTO! Cheesy

Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 01:03:04 am »

Pip,

Congrats to you and Henry on the win.  The Heb was friggin off the chain you and your band of elves crank out some of the most innovative and well done stuff out there ROCK ON bro!!

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
bugnut68

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 01:07:36 am »

About the price, it's all labor and materials (and some supply and demand for a rare car!). No expense was spared in its build, and it showed. The best of the best.

It was a better deal than the $300 late model fanshroud I saw at OCTO! Cheesy

I've seen Pip's works in the magazine features and I have no doubt this car was every bit (if not more) exceptional... I'd love to see some pix posted if they haven't been already?  I may have missed it.

I don't want my previous comments to be misconstrued as bitter/cynical/etc. by any means... I guess it's more of an expression fo amazement/awe/whatever you want to use to describe it.  Hell, I'd be stoked to be the owner of the late Mark Herbert's SSB! Grin
PIP

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:26 am »

Thanks Guys..  It was a collaborated effort... Far as price go's... That Denzel engine alone, would set ya back 30-40k. if u could even find one...

#247 ROMETSCH BEESKOW RESTO
http://www.dbkvw.com/photos/rometsch_beeskow_247_rest/
Dbkvw.com
2manytoys

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 03:29:08 am »

Thanks Guys..  It was a collaborated effort... Far as price go's... That Denzel engine alone, would set ya back 30-40k. if u could even find one...

Car is absolutly amazing! I hear there is another car or two coming out of the same camp that will be pretty nice too. Maybe see it Aug 20, 2011?

Patrick Friel -..2manytoys, not enough time or money
Fiatdude

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 06:43:18 am »

Grin

WOW!  I loved this car last year and this year!  I can just imagine it with T-bars, stock width beam, raised rear to stock height and you'd have one fine custom looker!

Wow thanks guys about the great comments about my car -- it was really featured in this picture -- kinda -- you know, the primered one in front of ghia LOL

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Rennsurfer

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 08:21:12 am »

Thanks Guys..  It was a collaborated effort... Far as price go's... That Denzel engine alone, would set ya back 30-40k. if u could even find one...

Yes SIR! That Denzel is simply amazing... couldn't believe I was starting at one of those. 'Tis not an everyday sight.

~Sarge
RockStock

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 14:10:11 pm »

heb, looks sweet
may i be so bold as to ask what it sold for? Smiley
bugnut68

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 16:52:12 pm »

That's some incredible work, Pip... props on the achievement!
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 16:59:54 pm »

Just amazeing the level of cars being built!! Well done PIP and Buddy hale!! Make's me want to get off my ass and finish a car.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 17:21:41 pm »

Just amazeing the level of cars being built!! Well done PIP and Buddy hale!! Make's me want to get off my ass and finish a car.

X2!

sofaking

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 17:32:22 pm »

heb, looks sweet
may i be so bold as to ask what it sold for? Smiley
A hot cup of coffee and a hand shake

danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2011, 19:46:46 pm »

Whats in the coffee? Boy I hope those where some SOFT hands !!

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
streetvw

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 21:51:35 pm »

Grin

you mean like this

Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 02:19:17 am »

Awesome photo Peaches and Scream was always a favorite it still is although I'm not keen on the current suspension

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: