The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:39:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350832 Posts in 28603 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  another Belgian car in da Werk - Oval 53
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: another Belgian car in da Werk - Oval 53  (Read 4445 times)
RedRaf

« on: May 11, 2011, 17:11:16 pm »

Hi Guys,

Let me introduce my new project.
Here is a April 53 untouched Oval with aprox 58k miles.
I'm the 4th owner, the first one kept the car for 53year
in 2006 it has changed of owner and have been turned in a scrapping maching.
In 2008 a friend of mine aquire the car and retunred it into vintage config (+atogas kit in mind to make an old-speed)
When I heard i would like to sold it I suggest him a swap against my 67 crew cab - a couple hours of discussion later I was driving an oval for the 1sdt time
Many thanks to my friend Lt (Belgian 67) for his time and advise.
Some picture made by the old owner

the day we swap:

Now the plans are -
phase 1 - make it drivable and obtain the belgian MOT (and a brand licence plate  Undecided)
so I curently replacing the grear box with a 8*33 and the engine with a 1200 34hp as the original pices where in very bad shape in opposition of the body
than phase 2 .... Horse Poowwweeerr  Grin

more to come Wink
cheers,
Raf

volkskris

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 19:36:58 pm »

what are the plans for the motor? and wheels? looks like a nice base car. Wink
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 20:32:44 pm »

Congrats Raf  Wink
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 22:23:38 pm »

Nice one Raf!

Glitter don't make you faster.
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 22:37:55 pm »

Nice car, nice color too.

Lt Charbon

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 13:29:16 pm »

Hey Raf,

Once again congratulation for the right choice ! I haven't seen such a good base to start with ! A nice belgian oval, untouched body and no need for welding at all.
In few words just remove the bumps, a new paint, a huge amount of horses under the decklid, the parts needed to stop and handle them and you have a tremendous sleeper or cal looker depending on the wheels you are planning to use...

I love the potential benneath this nice little car... Would just prefer another colour but that's just my 2 cents...

Nice swap buddy !

Hope to see/work on it very soon.
RedRaf

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:16:08 am »

Hi Guys,
 Well gear box is almost out, WD40 is working on the car while I'm in the office.  Cool

I love the potential benneath this nice little car... Would just prefer another colour but that's just my 2 cents...
Hope to see/work on it very soon.

Yeah I can agree on the colour but it won't happen shortly, 1st priority is to enjoy the car and it is in a soooo good shape that I don't think I will go trough a full resto within 3-4 years Smiley
but don't be  impatient, I will certainly need your help soon  Grin

Nice car, nice color too.
Thanks, acctually it is L35 metallic blue applied from march 53 till jan 54 only (9 month only)
honestly, not my favorit one (even if I had a VW Golf II which had the same). but pretty uncommon indeed.

what are the plans for the motor? and wheels? looks like a nice base car. Wink
Nothing strongly fixed already, I own 2 set of cool wheels, but those would probably not fit to the car for a good stance.

The first idea would be to build a sleeper : original body (in&out), soft rake, a set of 356 wheel.

engine would be an essential part as I want power, but want to keep it reliable as well.
turbo got my word at this time, as far as I can still close the decklid... Undecided

Raf

carlito421

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:52 am »

la clllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasse.

Hope to see U soon.

RedRaf

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 19:22:23 pm »

Damned, time is flying   Shocked

Well I had many other projects to achieve but find some time to work on the oval.

unfortunately, she still not drivable right now  but I'm currently finishing the gear box (8*33) it should be a good compromise to cruise and potentially some future strip action.

By the way these "rebuilt kit" are pretty shitty! rubbers and clips are too big to be mounted - hard time  to make them fit

But it's ok now - next step... buy a friend to move and place the Gear box then engine, then MOT... then powwwaaa  Grin Grin

more to come (soon I hope...)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: