The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 19:08:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Bugorama and DKK
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bugorama and DKK  (Read 8423 times)
DKK Ted
DKK

« on: October 10, 2011, 03:01:49 am »

First, I like to thank Dan from DKK, again for the invite to breakfast and hanging with the DKK at Bugorama, And all the DKK members for the warm hospitality. Had a fantastic time. The event was ok, more of racing than anything else. Swap was good, car show was ok, racing was good. got to see Steve Wilkerson make a few passes with very quick race car. Here are a few pics of my day with DKK.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:07:35 am »

More pics......

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:15:04 am »

More pics.....

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 03:21:03 am »

More pics....

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:26:51 am »

Last few.....

VW Classic 2012
2manytoys

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 03:45:57 am »

Thanks for posting pics. I missed running PG today and was bummed,..the pics helped ease the pain.

P-

Patrick Friel -..2manytoys, not enough time or money
Dan Mazur

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 03:55:21 am »

Fun time today!   A good time was had by all.  

I was up at 3:30 am to start the day for you Ted!  I'm glad I talked you into ordering the bisquits and gravy for breakfast!!!

I need to go to bed!!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 17:23:46 pm by DKK Larrys Pizza » Logged

Don't worry.  It's mutual.
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 04:06:12 am »

Ted, you're a great guy to hang with dude!

Here's a few pics I nabbed along the way today.  My favorite is the one with my sled in front with Wilkersons trailer, Suzys motorhome, the "Deek Big toe vee hic el" (did I spell that right?) and a few other much nicer air cooled vehicles.  Also, it was really cool just kickin it with Dyno all day.  He's usually working and only hangs for a second.  The picture Ted posted with the kid in Lisa's car does not even come close to how funny that was.  And the best part of the entire day was to finally see Steve Wilkerson's Bad Habit hit the tarmac.  I was TOTALLY blown away at how detailed everything is and all the things he just made for it that did'nt ever exist.  He built this car by himself and has come up with some cool innovations.  Unbelievably amazing car.  
As usual, lots of laughs. [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 15:46:14 pm by Worm » Logged

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Fiatdude

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 04:37:20 am »

I even buzzed by on Jon's pit bike and gave those Brown Shirted Maniacs Chit every chance I got LOL -- Great day at the track -- except Jon lost all shifting capabilities in his trans making it a short day

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Dan Mazur

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 04:52:40 am »

Dyno Don!!

Your exclusive presence with us today was nothing short of spectacular!!

Thank you for sharing your time and history!

Dan

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 04:56:18 am »

Fun time today!   A good time was had by all. 

I was up at 3:30 am to start the day for you Ted!  I'm glad I talked you into ordering the bisquits and gravy for breakfast!!!

I need to go to bed!!!
Hey Dan, it was good times, your the man going out of your way for our friend Randy and myself. Flows Dinner was a kick ass place, the bisquits and gravy was awesome! Gotta go back for sure.

Worm, thanks, was great talking with you, your a cool dud too, and all the Deeks, when Dyno came over to talk with us, made me realize how much respect I have for the man, and funny? OMG! The man is hilarious! Tried to get the pic when he was showing a little leg, cracked me up!

VW Classic 2012
MYTOY
DKK

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 04:33:13 am »

Enjoyed having you both there also! Good times & see ya @ dragday
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 04:40:53 am »

First, I like to thank Dan from DKK, again for the invite to breakfast and hanging with the DKK at Bugorama, And all the DKK members for the warm hospitality. Had a fantastic time. The event was ok, more of racing than anything else. Swap was good, car show was ok, racing was good. got to see Steve Wilkerson make a few passes with very quick race car. Here are a few pics of my day with DKK.

Ted

You better be careful who you hang out with Ted... You may gain a bad reputation  Roll Eyes  Grin

It was great having you and Randy join us.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 05:16:43 am »

Thank you, DEEKS, for making that VW event one of the more fun ones I've been to in a few years. And to think I never left our pit area. For the first time, no car show, swap meet, and all of the other usual stuff I walk. MORE OF THESE DEEK GATHERINGS, PLEASE!

Our own Steve Wilkerson.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:27:30 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 15:11:01 pm »

Ted

You better be careful who you hang out with Ted... You may gain a bad reputation  Roll Eyes  Grin

It was great having you and Randy join us.
Thank you Rick, I've been thinking about that.  Wink Grin

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 16:15:37 pm »

Thanks everyone, I had so much fun.  Like Dyno says " you can feel the good vibes"

Drove to Fresno Sunday, then the last 15 hours yesterday,      home,,,   home in the rain...

Go fast, don't turn
Dan Mazur

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 17:03:09 pm »

Glad you made it home safe, Steve!

It's always a perfect event when you are with us. Great showing and perhaps next time a win!

It's even more perfect when I can get a zinger in on you before you get one on me!!!

I hope we can see you out here soon!

Dan

Photo stolen from Fred. Okay, arrest me!  Tongue

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 17:20:40 pm by DKK Larrys Pizza » Logged

beetletom

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 20:40:17 pm »

any pics of that ruby red 66? who owns it?
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 21:39:16 pm »

any pics of that ruby red 66? who owns it?
Roy's or Junior's?   Roll Eyes

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 23:24:08 pm »

Just when you think we've maxed out our FUN-O-METER.... OMG, so much goodness and great fun on Sunday!  Hands down... the best time we've had all year, IMO  Grin  You guys are the goofiest friends family I have, and I'm keeping all of you!  As you know, Susy's camp is always first class for these events.  She and Mike have got their stuff together and they do it well.  Thanks Susy for your input and help in coordinating this shin dig!  We couldn't have done it without you.  The DEEKs just expanded Susy's real estate in the pits, and suddenly we had DEEK Tent City with our very own mayor, DYNO, AND our very own pair of DKK race cars  Cool  I still can't believe what we pulled off!  DEEKs love to laugh, look at shiny stuff, go fast and EAT.  Fantastic Italian Deli Bar / Pot-Luck.  Yummy breads, cheeses, home grown tamatoes (did you catch that, FRED?), pasta salads, home baked goodies including Nutella and Stacey's Berry Pie!  You guys ROCK.  Always above and beyond!!  And I was like the majority of you, I never walked the event other than to run to the lanes to watch Susy and Steve race.  Didn't need to  Wink  After reading Susy's and Steve's posts about how they wish they had more time to socialize and visit with everyone, I told Steve he was like the bride at his own wedding on Sunday.  All attention and eyes on him.  What an amazing experience to watch BAD HABIT and all the support from his "court", hehehe.  (I could have called you bride's maids but I feared the repercussions)  I sure hated to see the day end and to watch Bad Habit head back north.  I really don't know how we'll ever top Sunday....

BTW, it was also quite fun to have Ted and Randy join us again.  It's really nice getting to know you two.  Thanks for being part of our fun!

Here are some pics from my camera.    

Met up for breakfast at 6 am in Ontario at Flo's
Quick stop in front of the aviation museum for a picture.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 23:41:57 pm by DKK Lisa » Logged
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 23:28:04 pm »

more...

Skeeter & Roy VanWormer
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 00:37:30 am by DKK Lisa » Logged
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 23:32:00 pm »

more....
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 23:37:14 pm »

last pics....
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 00:07:57 am »

Great photos guys. Smiley

Hahaha your killing me.........
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 01:03:06 am »

Ok .....Let me jump in here ..!...I too would like to The Dan and The "Deek Krew" for all of the hospitality they have shown Ted & I ,They are a bunch of Krazy Vw lovers that know how to have a good time and laugh..... ! I really had a great time and has to be one of the most memorable VW events to date ! Starting with breakfast at "Flo's Cafe "...Then the Kruz to "Bugorama" and arriving at "Kamp DKK"....Then "Lunch " and for dessert "Nutella Bars & cookies"...Then !......Laughing with "Dyno Don"and taking that Kids picture...!....OMG..the man is "Awsome "..!..Dyno Don..."You da Man"...!

As for the DEEKS...I look foward to "Any" event they invite me too ...it's a honor and I thank you !

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 01:08:00 am »

More Pics.......

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 01:12:17 am »

And Finally........Dan,Worm and Ron a.k.a. "Hecker"

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 06:52:56 am »

Good pics, everyone. Fun, fun, fun.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
fredy66

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:54 am »

nice photos and cars

arabia slugs
Nico86

Turnip engine.