The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 09, 2024, 23:02:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350905 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  New camshaft not dialing in correctly?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New camshaft not dialing in correctly?  (Read 1915 times)
JIMP

« on: March 16, 2012, 19:22:06 pm »

Hello

I have a new FK10, trying to dial it in it comes way too retarded, I have tried diffrent wheels, aftermarket, stock, changed the crank wheel, used an adjustable set, no much luck, the intake center comes to 113o. I wanted to check if it's grinded correctly, intake gives me 113, exhaust 103 so lobe separation at 108 which seems O.K. to me, any chance that is drilled wrong after it was grinded? I cant jump a complete tooth as this is about 13o, so before going on modifying still the wheel I would like to know did you had in the past situation like this? For reference the real tpc was found and noted and measurents are done directly on the tappet at 1,27mm, let me hear your opinion please, maybe I'm loosing something..

Friendly

Dimitrios
Taylor

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 20:24:53 pm »

Got any other cams laying around?   Throw one in and try your method again.  It sounds like you know what your doing.  What are you using for a degree wheel?  Are you absolutely sure you have TDC?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 20:26:36 pm by Taylor » Logged
markvo

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 05:13:46 am »

Do you have straight cut gears? I had a set of Magnums that were off 5 degrees!
Taylor

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 05:28:30 am »

...I also just decided that the crank woodruff key could be off too....
JIMP

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 11:41:15 am »

hello

I just sticked to the adjustable set of gears -chinese- because it is steel and therefore holds better if driiled more, I had to modify it -drill it further- to give me the extra degrees needed, i managed finally to dial in at 107o inlet and 109o exhaust which sounds fair to me, I also checked the std cam and was dialing correctly so no problem with the woodruf key,but to be honest it was kind of nightmare as I measured like 20 times with 5 different sets of wheels and three crank wheels, final conclusion the camshaft was off drilled and this is the reason it wouldn't sit correctly, good think that the seperation angle between inlet and exhaust was good so it wasn't necesary to scrap the cam, so everything good until now, moving to the next problem inlet valves catching the piston -it's a watercooled 2,1 high comp engine- so need for some notches, thanks a lot for your inputs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: