The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 04:59:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350885 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Hot VW's Drag Day On Hold
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hot VW's Drag Day On Hold  (Read 1574 times)
Susy

PowderPuff VW Racing Rocks

« on: February 20, 2012, 01:46:58 am »

Just got off the phone with Rich & Ron, and they wanted me to let you know what is happening:

For Immediate Release Monday February 20, 2012

Hot VWs Drag Day participants, sponsors and fans,

As many of you have heard through the newspapers and on the internet, Irwindale Speedway reportedly closed its gates a week ago, Saturday, February 11th. Unfortunately

there was no warning and we found out from the rumors circulating at the NHRA Winternationals. Since that time we have learned that the people running the track filed for

Chapter 7 and moved out. Our sources say that the owners of the property still want it to remain a raceway and negotiations are underway with new management or ownership.

They seem very confident that something will happen, unfortunately it probably won’t happen in time to meet deadlines we have with city permits, insurance and promotional

mailings. At this time Periscope Enterprises really has no choice but to postpone the scheduled March 18th Drag Day and put all efforts into the FLAT-4 Bug-In 37 to be held April

29th in Fontana at the Auto Club Speedway. We are also currently working on a modified schedule for the post Bug-In 2012 racing season.

Stay tuned!

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
Type 1 - 2400cc  48 IDA's - 12 Second Street Car - Pump Gas
PowderPuff VW Racing Coordinator
2009 & 2010 Series Two PowderPuff Champion
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 02:23:15 am »

Such a bummer..  Cry
Thanks for the update, Susy!
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:41:58 am »

Bummer it is, but maybe something good will come out of all this, I hope. On the brighter side, we may have the Oct Drag Day, lets just hope all will work out for all involved. I want to run my car with a new motor I finished some time back, but will not have it in, in time for Bug-In. So maybe Oct. Drag Day, will see.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: