The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 16:42:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Are spark plug wires with decent length boots available?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Are spark plug wires with decent length boots available?  (Read 1493 times)
Brandon Sinclair

« on: February 22, 2012, 01:34:39 am »

Installing spark plug wires on the #1 or #3 cylinder in a Thing or Bus with dual carbs is one of my least favorite jobs.  You cannot go over the top of the carb due to the engine comparment design so you have to go around the sides of the manifolds from the back.  Since the boots on my Taylor and Magnecore wires are only like 3" this does not leave enough of a handle to grab and snap the wire on the plug.  Are there wires available with longer boots to make the installation easier?

I came across a photo of some Type IV wires (although they were Bosch with the resistors in the connectors so they are not what I am looking for) but they did have longer connectors for the #1 and #3 cylinders:
http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=IGW0002&cartid=
Jim Ratto

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 04:29:24 am »

can you retrofit some TIV or 912 wire ends onto your Type 1 wires? Let me or Sean know and I will see if I can dig some up for you, Brandon.
Hope all is going well.
Sean's a helluva nice guy to shoot breeze with, and glad to see he's got BH in such damn good shape again.
Take care buddy,
Jim R
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: