The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 15:13:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350873 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Thanks Gasser Garage!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thanks Gasser Garage!  (Read 3903 times)
larry mck

« on: July 03, 2007, 20:12:42 pm »

I'm back home in Oakland, CA. I just wanted to thank everyone for such a great time. I can't get this smile off my face.
larry mck

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 20:22:20 pm »

I'm sure Russell is glad I brought with me the best wrench ever Ray Schubert here he is preforming his magic on the Race Shop Ghia engine so KS can make his runs!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 23:20:07 pm by larry mck » Logged
larry mck

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 20:33:32 pm »

You don't know the half of it, Jim. Every Racer I got in something broke and Ray had to fix it. First I got in the Iguana and the clutch broke. Ray and the Gasser Garage crew had to pull the engine and do a clutch. I make a pass in the Race Shop Ghia and a head stud breaks, out comes the engine and new copper shims were installed along with a new stud. Finally I go to make a pass in $um Fun and it has an oil leak. I'm surprised Russell let me touch any more cars. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 23:21:31 pm by larry mck » Logged
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 20:41:25 pm »

I'm surprised Russell let me touch any more cars. 
He won't in future! Grin Grin Grin

Great to see you again, Larry. Russell and I already have plans for next yer... Watch this space... Wink

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Russell

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 22:53:35 pm »

Larry, your thanks is not needed the bill is in the post........

What a great weekend, please ensure my thanks is passed on to Ray, you and him will both be my guests next year (all things being well, I will cover the flights) and would love for you to stay at the hotel with us.

Your friend Russell

will send you a PM also.

Best Regards

Russell
kev d

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 23:14:34 pm »

Hi Larry,
I just wanted to add to what Russ has already said - you & Ray saved the day for the Gasser Garage crew with the help, experience & enthusiasm you brought over.
I even got to race you too!!

Regards,
Kevin

p.s. remember to send me some of those type 3`s you guys hate... Wink

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
El Dub

Nostalgia VW addicted!

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 14:33:55 pm »

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU CREW MEMBERS, AND ESPECIALLY THANKS TO YOU LARRY for those pictures with you old GTV... I'll PM you some of the pictures I took.

Below is just a picture of you old GTV on its way to collect that very special trophy: a first European Bug In Award... I still can't believe it... Feeling so prrrroooooouuuddddd... made my decade...

Please Larry, says hello you your very friendly wife.

What a week-end...  Grin Grin Grin

nicolas

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 21:01:45 pm »

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU CREW MEMBERS, AND ESPECIALLY THANKS TO YOU LARRY for those pictures with you old GTV... I'll PM you some of the pictures I took.

Below is just a picture of you old GTV on its way to collect that very special trophy: a first European Bug In Award... I still can't believe it... Feeling so prrrroooooouuuddddd... made my decade...

Please Larry, says hello you your very friendly wife.

What a week-end...  Grin Grin Grin

nice car and great to have met you.

axam48ida

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 21:08:17 pm »

Larry,
  It seems you and Ray ...and your wife had a great time. Does this mean your going to finish the new/old race car?Huh
 When are you going to bring the chopped/channel beast to the track???

old bugs never die, they just get faster!!!
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 23:38:23 pm »

Hey Kev & Russ I just wanted to drop in a little thankyou for myself and my friend Rob - we have alway dreamed of getting that close to lil snort and when you let us sit in it well it made our week  Grin Grin Grin Catch ya dudes  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
kev d

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 08:54:11 am »

No probs mate!
Nice to meet you & Rob btw, also anyone who drives buggys that far deserves respect! Cool
See ya next time Wink
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: