The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 14:34:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351095 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Classic Weekend... Now you see it, now you don't
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Classic Weekend... Now you see it, now you don't  (Read 12217 times)
Taylor

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 02:55:27 am »

Zach,  I literally laughed out loud on that last one, I thought the same thing.  In all seriousness,  build one like Asshull's its awesome!  You did great on that interior!!!
bugnut68

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 16:57:46 pm »

See you all there next year!

You dont get it do you? this is a thread about a nasty accident,its not about you,if you want to post "look at me pictures" start your own thread  Angry

I seriously doubt Shag meant any offense in his post... I agree on the context of the thread, but let's all cool off and breathe a bit here.

I am sure he didnt,but he already posted one "look at me" picture and didnt get it then,even though he got ignored,it isnt difficult to start your own thread is it? and I fail to understand how he could have possibly read this thread and the context of it and then posted his pics,the same pics he has posted with the same words elsewhere on other forums,only my opinion but its just rude.

Richie

My apologies, Richie, in all honesty, I didn't realize he'd posted twice in this same thread... I only saw the first pic, and the second one I somehow missed.  I agree, poor taste altogether.
Shag55

Shag Leone, SL-1racing

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 03:49:56 am »

Wow! So sorry. This was the only thread for the classic. I did no know it was just about the crash. I meant no disrespect.

325hp and 290# torque @17psi on 91 pump
383hp and 324# torque @23psi on 50/50 mix
Shag55.sl1racing@gmail.com
Facebook at SL 1 racing
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 15:11:57 pm »

It's cool dude...

-Pasted from my build thread-

Ok fellas, here's where I'm at. It's been a tough week. I'm surprised my boss didn't fire my ass, my head has been spinning for days now.
Like I said before, there's no possible way I could afford a full restoration, money or time wise. I've got a lot of other important things in life coming up (no, not kids!) that are going to need my complete, undivided attention. I also have zero desire for a restored car. I love that the car was a bit scruffy around the edges. It had character. It had charm. And hanging on to it for years, when I could use the equity for something else my girlfriend would find more appropriate, has little appeal to me.
I've also had a love/hate relationship with this car the last few years. The reasons I love it I've stated and are obvious. Like I've said before, I don't own that car, it owns me. It goes further than that even. I'm that cars bitch! I can't do what I want to do with the car, I have to do what is correct for it. It leaves me little to no creative input, and as you can tell by AssHull's car, I've got a lot of ideas swimming around in my head. I do want a car I with too much power, too much noise, and no heat. Something impractical!  Something I can do burnouts in and not waste skinny 165's that are $200 each! It's insane to spend that money on tires, but that's what that car deserves. I want something that I can get creative with. I really feel like there is more of "me" in AssHull's car than there is my own.
But then I had an idea... What if I found a Texas Yellow donor car, pushed back the inner structure of my car, swapped the hood, fenders, door, and even the quarter panels over, touched up the paint where needed/welded, find decals and call it good? Of course I know there's a lot more to it than that, and it's still going to be expensive. But at least it's not full restoration expensive. And it retains much of its appeal to me. I know the guy for the job, he is fucking expensive but he does damn good work, and he's in my area. He's also a VW guy,  knows my car and the history that surrounds it.
So that's where I'm at. I'm going to drive back and get the car sometime soon. You all can help me out by finding that original paint 1972 Texas Yellow donor car!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Brew 66

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 15:40:57 pm »

That is great news Grin
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 15:49:20 pm »

One more thing, how could I forget...

Thank you everyone for the PM's, text messages, emails and phone calls offering support and advise during this difficult time. Even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear at the time Smiley I'm lucky to have you all in my life, even if you're half a world away.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 16:28:50 pm »

That's great news, Zach!  I'm loving how this car's story is changing and the direction it is headed in.
Rick and I were talking about it this week.  You two are sharing some challenges. 
But I love that neither of you are giving in!!

Keep it fun, Zach  Grin  You've got a great support system with some wonderful friends.  Cool
I'll keep my eyes open for you. too! 
nicolas

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 13:03:02 pm »

wow, that sure sucks, but when i read your last post it somehow seems you already are main plans to make the best out of all this and if there is something i can do, please let me know.
i hope you can find a way to save this car, it is a quite unique car after all.

and i still believe this forum and little community of likeminded people will step up and help out were they can, just ask.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: