The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2024, 16:51:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350940 Posts in 28616 Topics by 6833 Members
Latest Member: Johan_f72
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  In your opinion whats the difference between Cal-look and Cal-look-a-like?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: In your opinion whats the difference between Cal-look and Cal-look-a-like?  (Read 11866 times)
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 20:04:30 pm »

Well...

I'm probably not the most proper person to make any statment, as though I'm in the process of turning a 1302 into a late looker (low buget by the way).

You can say, that I'm a poser, cause my car is not a pre68, does not have a classic cal wheels - no BRMs or Fuchs, just a set of late cookie cutters, and all of them are 7inch wide. BUT It has the biggest, double carbed engine I could afford at the moment (1914cc, 40x37.5,C-35, 40Dells, 1 5/8 merged&SQP) no bumpers, rake, U know...
Someone here said, that real cal-lookers back then were most of the time somewhere "in the pocess".
For me, the most important thing is the proper attitude. All this stuff in the car are sometimes a matter of accident, a 'find' for cheap price, or something.
The real BRMs in the 70s weren't a popular 'off the shelf' item - they were a 'find'.
I bought the cookies, cause sourcing a set of proper Fuchs wheels in Poland is very hard and very expensive.
Starving for a couple of months, just to be able to afford a real IDAs, or things kinda like that is not my style.
Did U, the real Cal-look guys from back then sacrifice so much to be able to afford some 'proper' items to your cars? Like did You wander if buing a $5 burger at the nite cruise brake at local Diner would ruin your plans for new carbs?
I don't thik so. Most of these parts was cheap in California of the 70ties. Am I wrong?

BRM's in the 70's  were a lot easier to get then now day's  we Sold Them Brand New at Auto Haus in the mid 70's $49.95 Each things were cheaper in the 70's But  We made half the money we make today Except for Sarge and Jim They both have very Deep Pockets LMAO Grin Grin Grin

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: