The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 18:11:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  If you were putting together a UK 67
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: If you were putting together a UK 67  (Read 8900 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 20:31:23 pm »

I've never measured them.

Neither have I...until now. I have a gennie '71-'73 fender in original Yukon ('Yukky' as my ex called it) Yellow. I dragged it and a square and tape out and made some quick measurements. I'd like to photograph how I measured and start a new thread on the subject so others with OEM '67 fenders can post their findings based on the same measuring process.

This could be a real benefit for people who can better justify carving an inexpensive later fender than spending bigger bucks for a true '67 fender.

I have a set of OE US '67 fenders I'd be glad to measure. They don't have buckets or lights in them. They have horn grille holes in them but the signals have been filled. They've been in my possession since '78 and were original paint until about a year and a half ago.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
hotrodsurplus

It's not how fast you go; it's how you go fast.

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 22:42:14 pm »

I have a set of OE US '67 fenders I'd be glad to measure. They don't have buckets or lights in them. They have horn grille holes in them but the signals have been filled. They've been in my possession since '78 and were original paint until about a year and a half ago.

Cool. I'll take photos of how I measured mine. My mother-in-law just blew into town so give me a little bit.

Chris Shelton. Professional liar.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 22:44:22 pm »

No worries!

We should start a separate thread for it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 22:47:54 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Steve67

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 09:06:40 am »

Cool,
Thats going to be interesting...
I'm also going to measure my european fenders, I'm really curious if the hron position is the only difference...
Best regards

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: