The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 15:19:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Gear box blues!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gear box blues!!  (Read 1725 times)
brmmark

« on: August 06, 2013, 20:58:57 pm »

Bought a prostreet gearbox three years ago, it ran perfect [only street driven, no fast take offs], but now when I shift to reverse and have the clutch pedal down it stumbles like the wheels like to fall off, but when I am on speed in reverse and the clutch pedal is loose it's ok. The other four gears work perfect, no noise nothing. Does anybody have a clue what is going on?

Anybody have a clue
benlawrence

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 01:09:07 am »

I'd say theres nothing wrong with the box, check your mounts, especially at the nose cone.

edit, after reading it properly is your clutch adjustment ok, free play in the pedal etc, ive only ever had reverse gear issue like you say from iffy mounts, but not from stationary, sounds like clutch adjustment to me.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:12:07 am by benlawrence » Logged
brmmark

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 08:16:46 am »

I'd say theres nothing wrong with the box, check your mounts, especially at the nose cone.

edit, after reading it properly is your clutch adjustment ok, free play in the pedal etc, ive only ever had reverse gear issue like you say from iffy mounts, but not from stationary, sounds like clutch adjustment to me.

Found it! (after building out the gearbox and engine). Those yellow nose cone mount.....................I will stick with original volkswagen mounts for ths time!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: