The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 04:44:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  I need advice about import a bug from USA.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I need advice about import a bug from USA.  (Read 3704 times)
miguel

« on: December 18, 2012, 20:29:10 pm »

Hello , I'm interest to buy a cal look bug in USA and i need some help (advice) to know whats the best and safest and maybe the cheapest way to get the bug in Europe (Belgium) . All advice and help is welcome .

Many thanks in advance!
Miguel
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 20:31:14 pm by miguel » Logged
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:52:28 am »

Smiley
Few questions , where in the USA is it ? Does it drive at the moment ? Can you find somebody to share a container with you ?
miguel

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:30:56 am »

Hi,

It's in Santa Ana in California , yes the car drive . I don't know anybody to share a container with (i don't have friends there or people i know) , but offcourse if possible i want do that .
cedric

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:37:49 am »

I am also from belguim end i ship always via goodies and family he is fair!
richie

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 09:41:10 am »

if you put a link to the car for sale there might be someone on here who knows it or the owner that can tell you if it is good or not,we have used several shipping companies,not had a problem with any of them really,one managed to loose the pink slip,then denied they ever had it,fortunately we had got them to make a copy for us and the receiving document the give stated they received pink slip,it all got sorted in the end,just took longer to get here.
The price does vary from company to company so it is worth shopping around, when we are over there we do go check out vehicles for people to make sure they are what they are being sold as,but wont be back thereuntil end of february now,there are a few people that will do that for you for a fee I believe,you can pM me if you have any particular questions I might be able to help with

cheers richie 

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
miguel

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 23:40:10 pm »

I am also from belguim end i ship always via goodies and family he is fair!

Hi Cedric , thanks i will contact them, a friend of me also work with them and i didn't know they also transporting cars .
miguel

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 23:45:14 pm »

if you put a link to the car for sale there might be someone on here who knows it or the owner that can tell you if it is good or not,we have used several shipping companies,not had a problem with any of them really,one managed to loose the pink slip,then denied they ever had it,fortunately we had got them to make a copy for us and the receiving document the give stated they received pink slip,it all got sorted in the end,just took longer to get here.
The price does vary from company to company so it is worth shopping around, when we are over there we do go check out vehicles for people to make sure they are what they are being sold as,but wont be back thereuntil end of february now,there are a few people that will do that for you for a fee I believe,you can pM me if you have any particular questions I might be able to help with

cheers richie 

Hi Richie , I don't have a hurry so i can waith until the end of february so you can do a check ūp of that car but i can imagine the owner maybe don't want waith so long for selling the car , but i keep your request in my head , thank you very much for the help!!
Stripped66

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 15:33:53 pm »

Fly out and see it first.
miguel

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 23:57:33 pm »

Fly out and see it first.

that would be indeed the best i could do and most fun too  Wink
Bryan67

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 01:10:31 am »

Talk to Fabien Becasse from Vintage Autohous. He is on here also. He ships cars all the time. Maybe he can help.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: