The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:07:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350832 Posts in 28603 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My 2110 bulid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: My 2110 bulid  (Read 15709 times)
andy198712

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 23:29:37 pm »

Did some more coatings, hopefully get barrels and pistons soon then I'm just cam and lifters away from a long block!

You can easily see in some areas where I didn't key the surface and it bubbled, keying properly is vital for this stuff it seems! ( the bubbled over spray will be removed before fitting)
Neil Davies

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 00:04:40 am »

does anyone know port size VS valve size? ie port cc?

anyway....

ITB's..... GSXR 600 from 2006.

Here is the plan:

the '06 600 using a pump in tank design with built in reg..... meaning no return line. so i plan to go this route too, fit the pump into the tank and have one line coming out.....ideal! clean and tidy too. What i'll use for fuel line i dont know yet....

i'll chop the original fuel rail in half i think and then put fittings into the cut ends.

they come with two injectors each and two butterflies each.... i removed the top butterflies which are fly by wire, and the top injectors didnt come with my ebay buy anyways. i need to plug the holes with JB weld (seems standard to do and use)

each one has its own little vac port, wether i use this for vac yet i dont know.... might work for an idle control valve?

and each has there own bypass screw

they taper from about 46ID to 40ID

mounting them and working out how i'll open them is a whole other ball game!

Andy, you should check out Adele and Steves race car build here: http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,3041.msg185202.html#msg185202
Marco Mansi did the throttle body conversion, and very nice it is too!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
andy198712

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 00:27:44 am »

Different throttle bodies sadly Sad same bike but differ at year I think? Mine split into pairs Where as those go into singles, I was looking at marco's site recently though as he does oxy's too.... Nice to see he's on megasquirt aswell! Might have to pick his brains!

I'm thinking ill make some manifolds for my throttle bodies.... It sounds easy in my head...... Oh dear!
Neil Davies

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 02:33:43 am »

I'd try to make some manifold adaptors rather than complete manifolds. How close is the bore spacing compared to an IDF or IDA?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pedalpusher

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 08:28:51 am »

I think this cnc-piece is really nice and I would think about it seriously if I was going EFI. It's one Finnish guy who design and manufacture cnc pieces for hobby. -Alex- is also cruising here at Lounge.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

-Mikko-
andy198712

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 21:23:33 pm »

true, they look nice! i could cut the tops of some IDF manis and weld those one....

here's the spacing

either a transition plate or just or base plate cut and welded.....
andy198712

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 14:06:55 pm »

tempted to either cut the manifolds down till the centers match and then either join with silicone hose or weld....

or buy some 10mm ish alu plate, bore out the holes for the TBI's and cut the manifolds to the length where the centers meet, then weld on said plate and can use the OEM gsxr boots to mount the TBI's to said plate.... that might be best....

so bit of an update. a friend of mine is boring the cases at his machine shop he works at, this is his first set and plans to do it as a service once its all setup so i'm getting a good deal.
after measuring a few cases he decided to center the cases off the bearings journals.
He's now going to locate the case halves using the crank journals rather than the case centreline after measuring a few cases it seems all the crank bores are off centre and some are not even parallel.

so he will then deck the cases also so my cylinder will sit perfectly square.... should help reduce frictional losses and last a little longer... may not but hey ho  Tongue

i'll also be coating my barrels with a special lubricant that is buffed in and aids in reducing friction and faster ring seal, sounds like quick seat with a friction inhibitor in it...

i'm toying with coating the engine with a thermal dispersant, barrels and heads, but i'm almost worried it will run TOO cool and take too long to warm up....

lots to think about and play with! will try and setup rocker side play later and see how i get on!

Cheers Smiley
benlawrence

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 15:14:06 pm »

Thats how mine is done, levelled on the mains using a precision ground bar to replicate the crank.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 16:16:59 pm by benlawrence » Logged
andy198712

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 20:14:50 pm »

nicely done! Cool
andy198712

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 00:18:30 am »

having a mare of a time geting my bugpack 1.4 ratio rockers to work.... they seem to be machined poorly thus giving tight spots through the travel of the rocker...  Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: