The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 20:18:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350866 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Foothill Blvd, Hayward (after hours Weber jetting @ Buggy House)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Foothill Blvd, Hayward (after hours Weber jetting @ Buggy House)  (Read 17335 times)
kafercup

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 21:45:19 pm »

sorry to dig up old boring topics and stories from my past @ Buggy House but we have a new member here that can surely relate....  Grin
Somebody oughta ask Jerry about the day we had our first "in house" Show and Shine.... and when I did the 7500rpm loops (on a stone cold motor... what a dumbass), showering both sides of the street with Kendall green 20W50 when my HP1 blew off. Man he was pissed. I thought I was a goner....
A few bags of grease sweep and a sincere apology to him later... and he laughs and says "What, you thought I was pissed at you? Jes*s jumped up chri*t Jim, I had a godd*mn hard-on a mile fuc*ing long watching you write your name in rubber out there!"

Roll Eyes

That was freaking awesome!! I remember the look on Jerry's face that day.............
Tony M

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 23:23:22 pm »

And the tire marks that stayed for a good year. Oil and rubber did meet the road, it was kind of slick out there when it rained  Wink The other part stores in town were, Kent Enginering, and Small Car Acc. Jim i like it when you bring up old stuff.

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Jim Ratto

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2010, 00:20:56 am »

And the tire marks that stayed for a good year. Oil and rubber did meet the road, it was kind of slick out there when it rained  Wink The other part stores in town were, Kent Enginering, and Small Car Acc. Jim i like it when you bring up old stuff.

Rob Roddy @ the tire/alignment place across the way was mad too because of oil splat-lets all over his side of the street. Guys just don't know good fun when they see it.
I can remember going in loops, bouncing off limiter out there and seeing the oil pressue light flicker.....  Shocked
Simpsonshoe

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 18:39:34 pm »

And then there was the down side to that good ol' BH of fun...Not just the hilarious Kendall slide,(which,Jim was kinda proud of at the time)t but Preston's little incident... OUCH.. still hurts to think about it... And, how about that 'vert?
Jim Ratto

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 19:20:46 pm »

And then there was the down side to that good ol' BH of fun...Not just the hilarious Kendall slide,(which,Jim was kinda proud of at the time)t but Preston's little incident... OUCH.. still hurts to think about it... And, how about that 'vert?

the Versgrove vert? 8200rpm shifts past BH.... fun day.
Peter

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 22:57:00 pm »

Everybody loves your stories Jim Smiley
they are an inspiration as well.
nothing more fun than a little mischief Smiley
kafercup

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 00:50:54 am »

Oh yeah, the vert that would pull the front wheels off the ground and twist the chassis so much that the doors would pop open!  Smiley
Simpsonshoe

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2010, 20:18:24 pm »

Oh yeah, the vert that would pull the front wheels off the ground and twist the chassis so much that the doors would pop open!  Smiley
Yeah, that one.. a a time or two when the harley guys next door would poke their heads out the door and just shake their heads At Darrell's antics...good times. 
Jim Ratto

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 19:51:37 pm »

what ever happened to Mike Preston's green '60? Did he ever fix the car? That car was just waiting to go run 12's
Simpsonshoe

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 21:55:16 pm »

It showed up on CL a few times.. with a fewer less goodies and a lower price each posting .. it got down to about 2500 about 3-4 years ago and then somebody musta pulled the trigger...
Jim Ratto

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 21:06:48 pm »

Wonder what ever happened to his 2276. It was a pretty good ball-bruiser. Some nice stuff in the motor, plus the NOS 48's from Schubert. And the close ratio gearbox too.

Those days @ BH tended to be packed with 60% frustration, 32% boredom, 5% unconsciousness and maybe 2.5% fun, or so it seemed at the time. But in hindsight, life was easy and simple. Just needed to duck when you saw a case-half being thrown.
stealth67vw

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 00:59:08 am »

Tim Supriano and Les Kovach ended up with Preston's car. It had to be reclipped at the drip rails. They lost interest in it and sold it on Craigslist unfinished.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: