The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 04:36:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350885 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  bit of a time warp
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: bit of a time warp  (Read 1832 times)
nicolas

« on: January 18, 2014, 20:29:26 pm »

a week ago my boss drove in the company truck with on its bed a beetle. after a closer look it was a spare beetle picked up to salvage some parts of for the boss' son's beetle.
so i had a closer look at it and it must be an early 90's car in my opinion. i think so as it has some parts on it that pointed in this direction. i is nice to see that beetles are customized by their owners and almost always with a hint or two of the era's vogue.

this one is a bright blue 70's bug on steel 5.5 rims with color matched eyebrows. but there is more  Grin i also noticed a blue gene berg sticker on the side window and on the front window a volksworld sticker on the rearview mirror there was one as well from volksworld (a bug in hotrod style with the shifter sticking out of the sunroof, much in vein of the more known ed roth type of drawings) i never saw it before, but it sure put a smile on my face. the interior was pretty much stock except for a radio and the door panels that were in a grey 'sort of 80's checkered' nylon material.
it's a bit sad too see it go, but i managed to get a pedal assembly for the 66 i am building and beneath it i found a plastic toy moose ( i am sure this is a sign  Wink )
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:19:41 pm »

the stciker with the hot rod was around 98/2000 i've one on  my black car too

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 21:56:31 pm »

Hhmmm.
I have some "sort of 80s checkered" material, a 6m long bolt of it, sitting in the shed for that "perfect application", lol!
Royal blue, with "lightning" sploshes and block shapes between in lt blue and grey, just lovely it is.  Cheesy

I am so ashamed!  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: