The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 17:24:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Ghetto Look ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ghetto Look ?  (Read 3229 times)
FUgly

EBT Racing

« on: January 18, 2014, 00:03:54 am »

Not sure Just were I fit in On the New site. Not a Cal-Looker nor Pure race car. Just a Fast Fugly piece of...That I build back in 2002-2003 on the Old Cal-Look site with Input from the Board Members at the time.

Jumped straight in with a 2387 cc after Blowing the 1600 at the track. The Forum said to Go Big or go Home well :-)

It was worth it and has Provided many years of thrills on the street and Later at track. I can STILL remember the very first break-In ride, and how I was shaking when I got out  Grin

Now they would say I have a cookie cutter Engine at 86 x 94, but then it wasn't so popular. Now I see Even Bigger Engines than mine on the Street. But the motto is if it Ain't broke Don't fix it.

Well I broke it Cool Managed to Shear 6 out of 8 dowels off after 8 Passes on a loose gland nut with Out the crank flying off. Thank to a faulty torque tool, will Never do That again !

So now I have to replace my crankshaft and am looking at other ""options to Upgrade as well. not sure if I want to deal with the hassle of a flanged on the street or not. So looks like my Only choice is to go Wedgemate. AND since I'm replacing the crankshaft and Flywheel why Not update other things at the same time. I see CB has a new set of Dual Springs that are the "ones" if running Duals. Curious what other Parts have been "Improved" in the last 10-12 Years. Looking for the Thrill of being on the street again Cool Here's my Combo. I BLAME the Entire Cal-Look community for Forcing me to Build it, so Now help me Re-Build it  Wink

86 bugpack 8 dowel with 411 center main
94 "C" model Wiesco's from Ac.net in Mahle cyinders
5.7 h beam scat rods with the bigger bolts
SF 2 heads 44 x 37 dual bugpack springs no Port work
fk-89 cam, 1.4 scat rockers, 1 7/8" header, 3" magnaflow muffler
911 shroud, 51mm Ida's (fully worked by Art, Then GB)Back when NEW wasn't an option
Mallory Unilite with MSD 6al, 2step, launch control, ect.. run 9.5-1 Comp on Pump and Later 12-1 on C-12 at Strip.
Stock Mag case (limiting Factor)

I have a set of CB CE Heads I got off the board(Art G) a LONG time ago(before CNC'd Heads) that still need to be Completed (valves & hardware)
48x37, Chevy K800, SS Valves, Fully worked by 3 Head Porters(Finished by GB,Thanks GB !). I would Love to Finally get On Her.

What else should I change to get that "shaking" feeling again ? and NO Hair dryers or Bottles Allowed  Cheesy

Aloha's FUgly !
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 00:49:35 am by FUgly » Logged

If it Ain't Broke, leave it ALONE.....RUN it !
11.3 @ 116 Mph NA2387
Fiatdude

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 05:19:18 am »

What you have felt up to now is just a small tremble --

Let's put your butt into a good running turbo car --- that will be a truly leg wetting experience -- and then you'll want one, -- really, REALLY want one ---- just saying

NA is just for the weak kneed

With the parts you've got right now, with a turbo at 15 lbs of boost, would be over 300 HP and it would not be hard on parts -- hard on nickers though
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:23:39 am by Fiatdude » Logged

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:05:23 am »

Donny at DK machine can weld up that crank and redrill/redowel and wedge mate it.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
FUgly

EBT Racing

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 00:47:10 am »

Yeah , yeah, yeah FiatDude I KNOW a snail  Tongue will scare me again and Maybe keep me away from the crotch rockets. But Na gives me a bit more pride that I did all except the machining myself and will be doing my own machining too in the future  Grin When I got all the Machines...someday...

Thanks Jason, I was thinking of the same thing as this crank has held up so well with all the abuse. Shipping, both ways across the pacific, Plus the x-ray or other crack testing, Then the labor to repair just might put me at the price of a new one. All ways afraid of the orange curtain after hearing the head porter stories(when I first built it). I Only have done business with EMS personally so far, But service was Very good. (dropped a valve seat) after 6000 street miles on SF II's.

Any one think a DPR welded crank can take it ?
Hope to use the same crank again later in a 4" case, Hopefully(when part all come together). Maybe Flanged is Best after all.

I remember a lightweight (scat) crank which had holes thru the journals and counter weights. They still make those ?

11.3 @ 116 Mph NA2387
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 07:45:28 am »

DPR are very good cranks, have one that is wedgemated, 411 center main, Chevy journals. And I abuse it, and holds up, no problem.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
UltraOrange67-2443

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 17:35:36 pm »

Yeah , yeah, yeah FiatDude I KNOW a snail  Tongue will scare me again and Maybe keep me away from the crotch rockets. But Na gives me a bit more pride that I did all except the machining myself and will be doing my own machining too in the future  Grin When I got all the Machines...someday...

Thanks Jason, I was thinking of the same thing as this crank has held up so well with all the abuse. Shipping, both ways across the pacific, Plus the x-ray or other crack testing, Then the labor to repair just might put me at the price of a new one. All ways afraid of the orange curtain after hearing the head porter stories(when I first built it). I Only have done business with EMS personally so far, But service was Very good. (dropped a valve seat) after 6000 street miles on SF II's.

Any one think a DPR welded crank can take it ?
Hope to use the same crank again later in a 4" case, Hopefully(when part all come together). Maybe Flanged is Best after all.

I remember a lightweight (scat) crank which had holes thru the journals and counter weights. They still make those ?
Scat Superlight, made in Pro comp (8 dowel) or Pro drag (flange)

1967 1200 2920cc EFI
FUgly

EBT Racing

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 03:46:12 am »

Thanks Guys, it looks like they call what I fit into as Unlimited Street Now Grin

Pauter, Autocraft, Scat are my Next Choices. Guess it's just time to JUMP Up to the Next level  Wink

We don't got nothing like that on my Island yet that I know of....Hmmm 86 x 101........ Lips Sealed

A L O H A's you Guys da BEST !!!

Darn UAC wont let me even get past the security cr@p.....

11.3 @ 116 Mph NA2387
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: