The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 14:13:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Pics of Cal Lookers in Motion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Pics of Cal Lookers in Motion  (Read 25492 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2007, 11:31:12 am »

oh yeah that last picture made my day and it is only 8 in the morning on old years eve...

thanks yvre

(how do you pronounce your name,  it as it sounds like 'drunk' in french to me... Embarrassed)

Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 11:33:29 am by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2007, 12:07:36 pm »

(how do you pronounce your name,  it as it sounds like 'drunk' in french to me... Embarrassed)

Oh yeah?
nicolas

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2007, 13:08:03 pm »

Oh yeah?

please don't see it as an offense... i thought you ment it as a wordplay yourself...

IVRE, adj.
A. − Qui est physiquement et mentalement troublé par l'absorption excessive de boissons alcoolisées. Synon. aviné, éméché, gris, noir, paf (pop.) pompette (fam.), soûl.

my bad if i offened you.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2007, 13:19:08 pm »

he will be YVRE tonight  Grin Grin Grin Grin
happy new year buddy
fabs

yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2007, 14:59:06 pm »

Oh yeah?

please don't see it as an offense... i thought you ment it as a wordplay yourself...

IVRE, adj.
A. − Qui est physiquement et mentalement troublé par l'absorption excessive de boissons alcoolisées. Synon. aviné, éméché, gris, noir, paf (pop.) pompette (fam.), soûl.

my bad if i offened you.

Offend me? That'll take a lot, don't worry...  Cheesy

It's a surname that was given to me by some friends at the end of a very long night...
A mix between ivre (drunk) and Yves (my surname)...  Wink

Anyway, back to the pics!

What a clean car...
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2007, 16:32:36 pm »

two cars that i really like, the orange is from christophe (if i am correct) and everytime i go to a meeting i have to look at it. don't know why? it just is a very 'right' car. and he drive it hard i have heard. more specs on the cars please roland... both of them

thanks

Whoops, i forgot about that.

Orange is christophe's car, yes. 1915 with IDA, pulls around 170hp if i'm right and his best ET would be 13.4 again, if i'm right. He's no trailer queen, last ddday came by the road, with the slicks on the rear seat, made a few runs and got back home. He's still the gearbox breaker in the club, i think he's at 4 or 5. So he drives it hard, yes Smiley

Also, about 2 years ago, he got a fire in his garage in the middle of the night. The car on the back (clean 66) was already burned down but he went trough the flames, started this car and got it out. So he's got a special bond with it now...

And the blue big bumper is mine! looked good in blue actually, should i repaint it blue or change for bahama gelb? Cruel dilemma...  Grin

Glitter don't make you faster.
ESH

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2007, 17:15:03 pm »

Smiley
nicolas

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2007, 21:01:50 pm »

two cars that i really like, the orange is from christophe (if i am correct) and everytime i go to a meeting i have to look at it. don't know why? it just is a very 'right' car. and he drive it hard i have heard. more specs on the cars please roland... both of them

thanks

Whoops, i forgot about that.

Orange is christophe's car, yes. 1915 with IDA, pulls around 170hp if i'm right and his best ET would be 13.4 again, if i'm right. He's no trailer queen, last ddday came by the road, with the slicks on the rear seat, made a few runs and got back home. He's still the gearbox breaker in the club, i think he's at 4 or 5. So he drives it hard, yes Smiley

Also, about 2 years ago, he got a fire in his garage in the middle of the night. The car on the back (clean 66) was already burned down but he went trough the flames, started this car and got it out. So he's got a special bond with it now...

And the blue big bumper is mine! looked good in blue actually, should i repaint it blue or change for bahama gelb? Cruel dilemma...  Grin

great story about Christophe's car, i heard him come to the open day at Pat's last summer and finally saw it run. and boy did i like what i saw. that guy is ruthless with his car. like it should be. he sure has fun with it. it is a very nice car in my opinion. one of the first late models i liked instantly.
as far as your car goes, go with the yellow ( a nice green/yellow colour from a honda jazz, something like a lemon greenish yellow would look good) and a black interiour.
oh wait now i am building my dream late model.  Grin i have some riviera's you can borrow that would look good under that car.  Grin but fuchs are a classic that will never go out of style.

and Yvre: thanks for explaining, i have been wanting to ask this for a while now and the itch got to big... cheers
2muchjunk

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2008, 04:27:55 am »

DKP cruise 12-02-07, Brinton leading the pack.

Thanks, I always appreciate unsolicited advice from ignorant bystanders!!
ESH

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2008, 16:57:00 pm »

67worshipper

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2008, 17:52:50 pm »

Not enough late cars in this thread!  Grin

any more details of the 1914 ida in the orange late model? Smiley

vw hot rod heaven
yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2008, 18:17:50 pm »

If I remember correctly...
42*37,5
FK10
10:1 CR

Maybe he'll chime in and tell us more.
67worshipper

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2008, 18:25:24 pm »

im building a 1914 and would like as many options as possible.in search of 150hp hopefully Wink

vw hot rod heaven
SPEEDWELL66

VW DRAG RACING.....MEXICAN STYLE!!

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2008, 05:03:39 am »

HI FRIENDS!

I'M JOSE LUIS A.K.A "SPEEDWELL66" AND I'M FROM MEXICALI,BAJA MEXICO. MY FRIEND ZACK INVITES ME TO THIS FORUM AND LOOKS NICE BRO'S Smiley

HERE IS A PHOTO OM MY CAL-LOOK, SORRY IT'S NOT IN MOTION BUT I MADE SOME PHOTOSHOP DETAILS TO LOOK A LIKE Grin

...SORRY FOR THE FOG LIGHTS AND THE EMPI GUARDS BUT IM TRYING TO SELL THE BUMPERS AND PUT SOME GOOD'OL T-BARS Grin

LATER BRO'S AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH.........I'M NOT THAT GOOD Undecided

WWW.VOLKSSTYLE.COM
Donny B.

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2008, 05:20:24 am »

Pretty car.  Your English is fine amigo!

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
SPEEDWELL66

« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2008, 05:23:36 am »

Pretty car.  Your English is fine amigo!

THANKS AMIGO!  Grin

I HAVE A QUESTION, IS THIS A EUROPEAN FORUM Huh

WWW.VOLKSSTYLE.COM
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2008, 06:27:51 am »

Hi Jose,

Like your car and the photoshop effect.

The Lounge is based out of Norway but is pretty international when it comes to participants.

Rick

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2008, 17:39:54 pm »

What up Luis!? Glad you found your way here Grin

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
SPEEDWELL66

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2008, 03:37:22 am »

THANKS RICK AND (OLD FRIEND) ZACK Wink FOR THE WELLCOME!

I'LL BE GLAD TO WRITE IN THIS FORUM Grin

WWW.VOLKSSTYLE.COM
Georg/DFL

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »

Is the blue one the old car of the twins? If yes, it has that rare blue interior as well right? PLEASE leave it this way! When the car had the gasburners it was just perfect. Perfect stance, perfect wheels, perfect color.
Cheers,

Georg

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2008, 04:10:26 am »

yes georg it's the old twins car  Wink

roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2008, 10:07:26 am »

Well actually it's not the old twins car anymore, it's just a pile of rust being fixed right now. And the blue interior is long gone, never liked that one. I still have it in my garage though..

Glitter don't make you faster.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: