The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 16:08:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKP I/II interior pictures
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DKP I/II interior pictures  (Read 8239 times)
Oldschool

« on: March 28, 2007, 17:52:06 pm »

Hy guys,

I'm looking for interior pictures of DKP I/II cars, can anyone help?

I'm especially looking for modified dashboard pics (filled trim holes...)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best R.

Oldschool

Quality not Quantity...
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 23:27:26 pm »

Pick up the bible, there are a few in there.
Also, wasn't it here that i found a link to a website that had the Feb 75 HotVW scanned?
I found some nice examples over there as well...

Good luck!

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 07:23:08 am »

hye
you can find scan of the february 1975 call look issue on my blog
http://empicolector.skynetblogs.be/
fews dash board are in the report but you have to look for in the past post to find the scan
let me know
Oldschool

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 08:20:11 am »

Thanks guys,

I've already got the bible and had a look at it but not all cars are featured, same for the Feb 75 HVW!

I found some interesting pics on Frenchy's website and blog too.

Thanks again,

Best R.

Oldschool

Quality not Quantity...
Sarge

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 18:24:36 pm »

Thanks guys,

I've already got the bible and had a look at it but not all cars are featured, same for the Feb 75 HVW!

I found some interesting pics on Frenchy's website and blog too.

Thanks again,

Best R.

Oldschool

Hey Old School...Sorry, no pic's; but your post got me to thinking of how it was back in the day.  The interior in my 63 sedan could best be described as "spartan."  I never had the money for a nice interior...what little cash I had always found it's way to the engine compartment.  In keeping with trying to go as fast as possible with small engine combos, shaving weight seemed the logical way to proceed.  That meant stripping all the tar board from the floor, fiberglass bucket seats (Auto Haus) mounted to "field stripped" seat frames (I splurged here and had mine chromed), aluminum door panels, and removing as much inner door bracing as possible.  The rear seat backrest was quickly discarded as well as the heater ducting under the back seat cushon.  The "highlight " of my dash was an aluminum plate to cover the radio opening...I added some toggle switches and idiot lights for the "race look."  Needless to say, with a close ratio box (4:37) and solid mounts, you couldn't hear yourself think after a few minutes behind the wheel... Roll Eyes!  It's "interesting" to note that the car was only six years old when all that went down...still a newbie!  Thanks for the memory jolt  Grin

DKP III
deano

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 19:11:38 pm »

I once rode in Sarge's car.... SAY WHAT? HUH? TAKIN' TO ME?

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Oldschool

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 15:53:37 pm »

Thanks a lot,

I now know what were your priorities in the old days  Grin

I guess mine are pretty much the same  Wink

BTW what do you think of VDO gages in the speaker panel instead of autometer/monstergage?

To me, VDOs capture much more the spirit even though autometer already existed in the 70's, what do you reckon?

Best R.

Oldschool

Quality not Quantity...
Sarge

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 16:05:53 pm »

Thanks a lot,

I now know what were your priorities in the old days  Grin

I guess mine are pretty much the same  Wink

BTW what do you think of VDO gages in the speaker panel instead of autometer/monstergage?

To me, VDOs capture much more the spirit even though autometer already existed in the 70's, what do you reckon?

Best R.

Oldschool

I think your right on about capturing the 70's style with VDO gauges.  We used to sell the crap out of those when I did my time at Auto Haus.  Don't be afraid to "think out of the box"...Greg Aronson used a Smiths tach (unheard of back then) in his ride  Cool!

DKP III
cedorUSA
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 23:11:40 pm »

i had my brother inlaw glass in my doors inside so i have no door panils. all the way smooth like outside and matched and i took out all the rugs and sowndproofing. not that i need my car liteter cuz its got 2oo HP but i like all the noise. why you guys want to make the sventies happen all over agein? i use power seats from pontiac 6ooo for now and upgrade to datsun 3oozx later. of cousre i have full race belts. i need them. i ben known to where a helmit when i drive in town looking to kick ass and take names.
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 11:22:34 am »

i had my brother inlaw glass in my doors inside so i have no door panils. all the way smooth like outside and matched and i took out all the rugs and sowndproofing. not that i need my car liteter cuz its got 2oo HP but i like all the noise. why you guys want to make the sventies happen all over agein? i use power seats from pontiac 6ooo for now and upgrade to datsun 3oozx later. of cousre i have full race belts. i need them. i ben known to where a helmit when i drive in town looking to kick ass and take names.

What are you doing on a cal-look forum really???
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 13:41:35 pm »

Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Oldschool

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 13:47:56 pm »

Thank you Rune & Monkiboy for comforting me because I felt a bit puzzled when I read cedorUSA's answer!!!  Cheesy

Personally, I don't want the 70s to happen again but as IT all started around this area, I guess that Real Cal Lookers should capture the spirit from then, that's just my personal opinion anyway  Smiley

Best R.

Oldschool

Quality not Quantity...
cedorUSA
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 23:30:11 pm »

we cant all be the same i wanted my doors to be same on inside as outside. i even added chrome strips to inside to look like outside its all good bros. i mean how meny guys wax the inside of there car? i decided aganest getting billit dash since it seemed so helarius to sheep and sheebee. for now i just have nos gayges.
cedorUSA
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 23:57:20 pm »

buy the way the coolest thing is that my bro fiberglass in gas cap door into the induiside of door so inside is my ashtry and liteter. really badass if you ask me. i will taKE some picchures with my pone and phots them here. next step is for us to make the door open backwords like a linkin.
Lee.C

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 23:59:13 pm »

Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh, Huh Huh Huh

cedorUSA
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 00:04:18 am »

dude what are you smokeing. whats wrong i dont like rugs in my v.w. and i like the idea of power cloth seats from a maudern car. whats so funny huh monki?
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 00:12:07 am »

sunbeam, i really think it has been made clear that no one gives a toss about your sodding opinion...
...go race that 200hp IDA-ed 1835 (69x87) on your highway to hell!

AND make sure you wear your helmet so you can kick ass, take names and race all the bros along the way!

Lips Sealed

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 00:15:02 am »

BOOOYAAA!!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
cedorUSA
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 00:21:34 am »

cool bro. yeah deerdick i dont leave home without a helmit. you never know whose going to wanto run you. cool bro thanks for the thums up and see you at the finnish line.

cool bro Kiss
C.
Lee.C

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 00:31:49 am »

BOOOYAAA!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Diederick/DVK

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 00:33:52 am »

no worries muchacho  Kiss
keep it real!

p.s. how could you spell my name wrong eventhough it's written down already?  Roll Eyes

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
cedorUSA
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 00:35:13 am »

yeh Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy cool bro  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy its all good were on all the highway to HELL.
now were talkin

Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 01:47:26 am »

Thinks Cedor must be from the Mars LMAO cuz We Dont Have his Kind In the USA  I think he Should get in his Bad Ass Bug Put on your Helmet Rev The Engine to A Full 4500 RPM Aim For The Nearest Concrete Wall And Dump the Clutch and Dont let off ... Hopefully it will knock some sense in to you!!!!!!  Cedor in his Bad Ass Racing Suit!!!A Face only a Mother Could Love LMAO
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 01:49:28 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Oldschool

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 12:44:09 pm »

I am sorry guys but I thought this post was about DKP I/II interior pics?  Sad

Maybe you could use PM to talk about other things!  Roll Eyes

Thanks in advance for your comprehension

Best R.

Olschool

Quality not Quantity...
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 14:53:52 pm »

it's not like anyone anticipated these provoked posts, moderator  Tongue

alright, back on topic now  Cool

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
Oldschool

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 15:10:26 pm »

it's not like anyone anticipated these provoked posts, moderator  Tongue

alright, back on topic now  Cool

Thanks a lot!!!

Oldschool

Quality not Quantity...
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 18:26:07 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy

where have the days of cedor's mispelled rant and rave gone?!
it seems like yesterday that we had the pleasure of him b*tching about his awesome looker  Grin

where has he gone?
could he still be out there kickin ass and takin names with his helmit??

has anyone seen a funny looking guy takin names with a helmit on lately?

i'm sure i'm not the only one that misses his rant...  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: