The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 09:25:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350894 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Hole in the roof
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Hole in the roof  (Read 10989 times)
beetletom

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 21:03:23 pm »

i like them!

but a bit wrong on a 67 delux, would look cool if you were dechroming it, half headliner, etc...
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 21:04:34 pm »

wow louis, i'm surprised to see the comments have been so laid-back so far.
when i asked the same question a year ago, i almost go crucified on here for ruining an original '67 with steel sunroof.  Grin Cheesy Wink

well, it may have been the stock sunroof that did it, but still...

i'd say it CAN look awesome, but yes i've done a fair amount of research and some actually looked weird.
for example, i'm not too fond of this particular white 67 :

but then, if you'd do it tastefully i can see a greg aronson-ish 67... does that make sense?  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 22:28:20 pm »

Um, yeah no turbo mirrors. The more I see these cars the more I am leaning towards it. But I will have to improve my welding before I try it. Now I am debating getting a little Miller Tig instead of a the Miller Mig I was looking at. Its only a few hundred dollars more. But then I would have to learn to use it.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Neil Davies

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 17:28:51 pm »

Well just to let you know I am putting a Golde 3 fold rag top in my 68, i think most bugs look awesome with a fabric ragtop. One of my favorite cars was Allen Dodson's, from Arizona he had a  pro street 69, which had a stonking turbo motor and a 3 fold rag it looked awesome! IMO late models can have them too.

One question I have though???

My 3 fold Is a bonafide Golde, it has the plaque and handle to prove it, but the roof section that i cut off a 68 donor car doesnt have the raised lip section like in the photo of that 67, I have also seen many earlier bugs with this lip??? Why would mine not have it? There is a hinged plexiglass section that seems to be the wind deflector, do i just have a later Golde?

Thanks,
Rob.

You don't want a 3 fold if you want it to look correct, Rob! 3 fold Goldes are for '55 and earlier - they have different shaped corners on the fabric depending if they are for a split or an oval, but '56 and up should all be 2-fold, including the '67 standard.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Prowagen

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 20:37:43 pm »

You don't want a 3 fold if you want it to look correct, Rob! 3 fold Goldes are for '55 and earlier - they have different shaped corners on the fabric depending if they are for a split or an oval, but '56 and up should all be 2-fold, including the '67 standard.

Well to be honest i am not fusse if it isn't correct, after all theres not much of the original wolfsburg prouct there, its more american than german now lol, I just want it to look goo an woul love the rag top for summer abuse Smiley

I have discovered the top is definately a 3 fold, the badge on it says Allard Golde, maybe a partner of golde of something, cannot find anything on a web search.
Heres a few pics, you can see the wood frame and the fact the the front lip is an ali piece.

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 23:05:40 pm »

That's a new one on me not seen that before  Huh

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Prowagen

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 11:32:26 am »

Maybe I have a one of a kind the rarest Golde in the world muhahahahaha muhahahahahahaha
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 20:47:30 pm »

Roll Eyes Grin

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Prowagen

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2008, 02:24:56 am »

Theres one on this 67 hich was for sale:

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=416053

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »