The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 09:15:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Any of the fellas from DKP 65-72... Rick M.'s Bus? Tell us more
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any of the fellas from DKP 65-72... Rick M.'s Bus? Tell us more  (Read 2392 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: February 27, 2008, 17:17:04 pm »

There has to be some stories about that Type 2, featured in a few pictures in KS' original bible. Was it hot rodded up? Sarge, did you and your ruffian buddies run around in that as the DKP party-mobile or what?

Would be cool if we (us younger guys  Grin) could get some stories about every early DKP car that was around... 

Don Czapala's later model?
The paneled-in Type 3 (featured in KS book and pics in 1970 Hot Rod article)
Ron Fleming's black oval car (motor featured in Bill Fisher How to Hot Rod book)
Greg Bunch's blue sedan with Chevy/VW wheels
Rick Z's white then black 1967 Bug w/ BRMS
Haydon Bros cars

more??

Thanks guys
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 20:06:04 pm »

Hmmmm, Meisner's bus...about the only people I ever saw in there were GIRLS  Shocked!  Dan Czapla worked at BAP Geon on State College with his dad in the machine shop (seems like we've been here before).  As for his car, I'm pretty sure it ran a 1700cc engine but not sure on carb / carbs.  The paneled Type III was Craig Foster's ride and went through numerous "face lifts" back in the day.  Whenever we had a party and guys would drink what they liked, Craig's choice was a bottle of Banana Liquer (after which was much hurling  Roll Eyes).  As for Ron Fleming, what else can be said?  The Joe Hunt / IDA equiped 1700 was ALWAYS a good race and we went at it a lot!  Gregg Bunch, I knew pretty much from waxing cars (before I went in the Army) at Hillcrest Park which was just up the street from Fullerton JC...a VERY "sano" car.  As for the Haydon's cars, they were always clean, fast and the first to attack any V8 that looked at us funny while we were cruising around together.  Now, let's see....did I leave anyone out?  Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 20:25:27 pm »

You oughta start charging for your stories.

I believe that the coin of the realm is beer!  Grin

(See Sarge... I got your back!)

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Fritter

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:24:37 am »

Ron Fleming's black oval car (motor featured in Bill Fisher How to Hot Rod book)

Jim, what page is Fleming's motor on in the Fisher book?  I didn't know that.

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
Jim Ratto

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 01:26:18 am »

Jim, what page is Fleming's motor on in the Fisher book?  I didn't know that.

not sure, but there is a picture of it in Carburetor Chapter with 36hp fan housing and dual Holleys on it.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 05:46:38 am »

Hmmmm, Meisner's bus...about the only people I ever saw in there were GIRLS  Shocked!  Dan Czapla worked at BAP Geon on State College with his dad in the machine shop (seems like we've been here before).  As for his car, I'm pretty sure it ran a 1700cc engine but not sure on carb / carbs.  The paneled Type III was Craig Foster's ride and went through numerous "face lifts" back in the day.  Whenever we had a party and guys would drink what they liked, Craig's choice was a bottle of Banana Liquer (after which was much hurling  Roll Eyes).  As for Ron Fleming, what else can be said?  The Joe Hunt / IDA equiped 1700 was ALWAYS a good race and we went at it a lot!  Gregg Bunch, I knew pretty much from waxing cars (before I went in the Army) at Hillcrest Park which was just up the street from Fullerton JC...a VERY "sano" car.  As for the Haydon's cars, they were always clean, fast and the first to attack any V8 that looked at us funny while we were cruising around together.  Now, let's see....did I leave anyone out?  Roll Eyes Grin
                                             Maybe Sarge would include him if he wrote you a check?Huh?

I also park at Nick's.
Donny B.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 17:23:32 pm »

How high did it bounce?

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: