The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:44:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  My old motor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My old motor  (Read 1585 times)
Donny B.

« on: March 10, 2008, 22:25:16 pm »

I'm just curious.  I spoke with my friend and the current owner of my old 1776 motor yesterday and he hinted that he might sell it.  I sold it to him many years ago and he has done nothing with it.  It is a turnkey 1776 with all Gene Berg parts.  Stock valve size heads ported by Clyde.  It has 42 DCNFs with matched ported manifolds that were polished back when.  This is the motor I used to drive on the first three Gene Berg Memorial Cruises.  It won't be cheap, but I was wondering if there is any interest in this.  I know it can be posted in the for sale section, but he hasn't decided yet what to do.  If you have any questions fire away.  I can always forward this to the current owner. 

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 01:06:31 am »

Before going any further, how much is the owner asking?

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Donny B.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 02:23:38 am »

The owner was talking about $5500 plus crating and shipping.  Before I sold it to him I put brand new pistons and cylinders on it and had Clyde Berg go completely through the heads.  When I shipped it to him I left out the pushrods so the valve springs haven't been compressed at all.  Remember it's all Berg.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: