The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 11:41:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  IDA stacks..??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IDA stacks..??  (Read 3702 times)
Griebel

« on: May 25, 2008, 16:01:54 pm »

Some of the aftermarket ida stacks is "missing" the "skirt" (see red arrows).... On an orig.Weber this "skirt" is used as a fixation device for the aux. venturi / main venturi...Do I have to fabricate the missing piece of material myself ,or what is the deal on this ??  Cheesy

griebel.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 17:02:44 pm by Griebel » Logged

Instagram: c.griebel
http://www.griebel.blogspot.com
       "BEYOND 4 INCHES"
          MIB,DENMARK
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 19:40:04 pm »

The skirts-less are for 51,1 conversions I believe. They sit flush with the top edge. Set screws are used to fixate the venturis.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Griebel

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 18:00:58 pm »

Skirtless "jack stacks" listet on CB Performance page as this : "fits IDA's"...not anything about 51,3mm...

I've got a set of the "red" one from the picture....for 48's....leaves a big "gap" and everything "rattles" in the carb...Huh  Undecided

"BEYOND 4 INCHES"
          MIB,DENMARK
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 18:10:43 pm »

Get yourself a Set of Gene Berg Stacks... Wink

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Phil West

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 09:20:24 am »

I installed a set of the red Jaycee stacks on my 48's.  They are rubbish!  Without the skirts the secondary venturis rattle around all over the place.  So - I installed grub screws in the centre brass plug of the carb to hold the venturis solid.  This worked a treat.  However, the stacks have no baseplates and are made of ally so when you use the stock Weber side fixings for the stacks it bites into the ally - after a short while there's enough wear that it's not possible to secure them for high rev drag racing - I started to find my stacks lying in the engine bay after a run!!!  So I've finally binned them and gone for the silver Jacks Stacks in your picture - they are great!  Welded plate on the base means you just bolt through and forget about them.  Most of the cost of these stacks clearly goes into the base welding.  200 bucks not cheap but solves the problems.  They are slightly taller than the red baseless ones so there's not that much clearance to the rain gutters on cylinders 1 and 3 but they do go in.

I don't have any info on flow rates I'm afraid.  The red ones are 2oz each - half the weight of the smaller stock steel IDA stacks.  The polished ally ones are a bit heavier than the red ones due to the base but still nice and light.

Cheers
Phil
jr59

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:26:17 am »

We try the empi a couple of year ago and after a few run they became to move even with the lock tight to the max then we go to jay cee one without problem.The only thing you have to do with them is secure the auxilary vent with a screw as there is no skirt o the stack.i think that Berg one's are as gerat than jay cee with same mod needed
cheer
     JR

Griebel

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 09:08:06 am »

"I installed a set of the red Jaycee stacks on my 48's.  They are rubbish!  Without the skirts the secondary venturis rattle around all over the place.  So - I installed grub screws in the centre brass plug of the carb to hold the venturis solid. "

Now, this is what I'm talkin' about  Wink

Thanks,"Beardie Wierdie" !!  Cool

Cheers
Griebel.

www.griebel.blogspot.com

"BEYOND 4 INCHES"
          MIB,DENMARK
Phil West

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 11:20:53 am »

no problem..I always keep it real  Wink