The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 18:22:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  What do you think of this ? I like it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What do you think of this ? I like it  (Read 8050 times)
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 17:53:00 pm »

As you said, who cares, it is cool!  Cool

I dig the way the black accentures the paint. The engine and engine bay is top notch in my book!

I agree with some of you other guys, I'd be interesting to see it run blacked out window trim throughout, black running board moldings, black t-bars etc (now it is a bit of a mixture...  Undecided)

Also, the rear tires seem a bit, i don't know, odd (maybe its the low-profile, huge rims, narrow beam and the rake, all in that combination that looks a bit funky...). Maybe it's the novelty that is a bit hard to adjust to... I mean, using later style Porsche, or huge rims (17",18",19" rims), on a slammed bug has been seen before, or more traditional German Look has also been seen... but this is a bit of a mix in styles IMHO... and somewhat refreshing if I dare say...  Roll Eyes

But, I like the car, the looks, the ambition, the work that has gone into it, and the linkage between old and new!

my 2 cents

i absolutly agree..........................................
THE DISCIPLE

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 21:03:56 pm »

Hi Guys,

so at least it got you all talking about what is, and what is not acceptable, however i have never built my cars in the past to be accepted, it was not aimed at cal-look and is indeed a strange mix compared to most cars but i believe it strikes a delicate balance of what from each scene is good, i built the car for me and not to conform, not trying to think outside the box but to think there is not a box is sometimes refreshing. I love cal-look and that is my next adventure.

I had planned to elovle the car with black window trim/surrounds and try black bumpers maybe 'T's and add some german look with carbon runners and carbon gauges but she has to go as Adele mentioned after 3 years of planning my wife and i have sold everything we own (gulp) as we have our residency visa for Vancouver Canada where I intend to indulge in cal-look with the guys from the DVKK(if they will have me).

in response to-

'I agree fully, In my mind thought should be given to every single piece on a cal look... mindless bolting-on is something else... completely'

I feel very strongly that you could say alot of any look is mindless bolting on of parts but i feel customising is far from mindless after all how long does it take to bolt up a set of Brm's or burners or install a 2332cc carbed motor, I am pleased i spent mindless hours putting what i would consider a professional EFI installation together and hand making numerous parts to do it and getting the brakes,wheel and suspension to all work within the original vehicle package.

Its not a personal dig just be aware that mindless is a thoughtless word.

Anyway it must have got the blood pumping and thats what life is all about, shame i am not going to be able to enjoy it this show season. I look forward to landing and look forward to exploring the scene overthere.

Kind Regards

Scott marsden

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 21:21:18 pm by THE DISCIPLE » Logged
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 00:46:27 am »

English is just my second language, but I get the impression that you think that I was talking about your car in that quote, I wasn't.
I'm talking about the "latest rage" parts, you know the must have parts that don't actually DO anything on the car...
Like a turbo pressure gauge when you don't have a turbo  Wink

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
THE DISCIPLE

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 17:16:30 pm »

Sorry chap,

that was me getting excited.

too quick off the lights us Brits. Cheesy

No personal offence or attack meant.

Scott
ballbag

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 17:40:36 pm »

That car is awesome, i don't think it's a mix of anything. What i do think is, if cal-look was to begin now then that's what it would be.

something funny!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 14:19:13 pm »

I'm talking about the "latest rage" parts, you know the must have parts that don't actually DO anything on the car...
Like a turbo pressure gauge when you don't have a turbo  Wink

Cripes! So you're saying that I should remove my turbo boost press. gauge, then? I feel so less than, now.

Grin

At any rate, it's good to read everyone's different opinions on this thread. Carry on.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: