The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 18:58:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  PINKS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PINKS  (Read 3397 times)
outlaw

« on: April 02, 2008, 09:01:11 am »

SKY TV (British digital TV) is probably way behind what you guys watch in the U.S but I watched a great show last night.
Wasn´t sure about this when I first saw it, seemed staged and all a bit false but its getting much better as time goes on and British TV has very few shows along these lines so this is better than nothing at all.

Last nights show was a 1967 Chevy Nova (very nice) racing against a 1993 Mustang (nasty) I would have put money on the Nova which was a pro built car yet the Mustang won in the end...........nice to walk away with a 67 Nova for free.

Would be nice to see Bugs on the show, I know there has been one race in the past where I think the bug had a few problems, was it for charity ?

Some of the "teams" seem to know each other and there are a lot of return faces which tends to make the whole thing seem a little set up but still a fun show to watch.

How is the show received in the U.S ? Its growing on me and is aired about 4 times a week I think  Smiley
outlaw

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:05:16 am »

The guy with the Mustang on last nights show had a breakage and was given 15 mins to fix it....which he did, the guy with the pro built Nova said,
"You´ve gotta spend more than $5000 on a car if you expect to win races"

Then the Mustang won................ouch
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 14:24:18 pm »

paul, what channel is it on? Smiley

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
leec

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 17:10:01 pm »

Its on Men and Motors.
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 17:30:11 pm »

I could live without it- too much bitching, moaning, and complaining.
Pinks All Out, that I like.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 21:14:28 pm »

I agree Zach although as the program has matured there seems to be less BS.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
bugnut68

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 22:13:47 pm »

I could live without it- too much bitching, moaning, and complaining.
Pinks All Out, that I like.

I think Rich Christiansen is a tool, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way. Grin
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 22:47:03 pm »

Hasn't there already been a Bug on PINKS Huh I think it ran against a CRX - and won of course  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 03:37:00 am »

There was a bug on Pinks a few years ago that was a charity thing. Top notch build, unfortunately it broke. Also, I understand a former DKK member was involved in producing a few episodes at Firebird Raceway in Chandler AZ.

-jeffrey

bugnut68

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 18:39:26 pm »

Hasn't there already been a Bug on PINKS Huh I think it ran against a CRX - and won of course  Wink Smiley

As I recall, the Hasport CRX won, and Kris Lauffer (I'm pretty sure it was Kris?) crashed in the top end, but he was okay... I remember thinking "WTF" when they required the Bug camp to pull the wheelie bars off the car... and I guess, behind the scenes as well as on camera, the Honda boys whined an awful lot.
outlaw

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 17:46:57 pm »

I´ve seen a pic of what looks like a primer grey bug on the SpeedTV-Pinks web site, pulling a nice wheely..........so there may be more bug races to come  Smiley
deano

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 18:36:44 pm »

As I recall, the Hasport CRX won, and Kris Lauffer (I'm pretty sure it was Kris?) crashed in the top end, but he was okay... I remember thinking "WTF" when they required the Bug camp to pull the wheelie bars off the car... and I guess, behind the scenes as well as on camera, the Honda boys whined an awful lot.

I was his brother Jason, who drove the Pinks VW...

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
bugnut68

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 00:01:34 am »

I was his brother Jason, who drove the Pinks VW...

Ah ha, I stand corrected.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: