The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 07:46:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350879 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  PLEASE HELP DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1918 times)
sofaking

« on: June 05, 2008, 23:36:06 pm »

let give the run down of what has happened to this point. a couple of Saturdays ago in the wee hours I start to head of to cars and coffee. everything was normal, car started up fine drove fine and the it happened. As I START TO BRING THE RPM"s up to kick on the alternator it just started to run like shit! Let me explain what I mean by shit, it runs real ruff and sputters and has no power. But the car ideal's fine? but as soon as you give it gas it sounds ruff and sputters real bad. What I have replaced so far: coil (MSD) magnetic pickup inside the distributor (MSD) and the control box (MSD 6al). It almost fells like the timing has gone out of whack but the distributor has not moved at all?! And if this helps at all in figuring this out the motor is a 2275 turbo with a road demon 650 any input would be great it's Thursday and classic is this weakened!!!

Sam K

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:25:03 am »

Since you've more or less eliminated the ignition system as your problem, I would look at the fuel system next. Check the fuel pressure, look for any waccuum leaks, etc.
JS

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 05:23:42 am »

x2.

Signature.
nicolas

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:23:32 am »

X3

the problem really reminds me of a bad coil or loose cable in the ignition. maybe plugs are dirty and out off gap. but that is easily checked if you dont have the type3 cooling tin.
fuelpump or clogged filter would be my next things to check.
sofaking

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 05:29:59 am »

Found the problem! Thanks to the great Dave at Proformance! Number 4 intake adjusting screw broken! Well at least I got a good tune up with all most all new ignition parts! Embarrassed

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: