The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 02:53:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Nice day at Irvine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nice day at Irvine  (Read 2159 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: June 09, 2008, 16:55:50 pm »

Wow, what an event.
Up @ 3am, on the road from Simi by 3:35am..... you know driving I-5 at that insane time isn't so bad, at all. Made it to Sand Canyon in little over an hour. Had a nice pit stop @ Denny's with the boys... (Carlos you really looked pretty odd eating cheesecake @ 4:30am), saw Dave Conklin again after all these years....nice seeing you, and Georg too, it's been a long long time. Kind of a sedate drive over to Classic, wanted to string the car out a little but no room really (was that Sarge going so slow?). The day progressed, friends and cars appeared by the minute. To my surprise was Casey's beryl green car ('62, Casey?) appearance and the breathtaking horsepower of Greg Brinton's wheelie-monster Schwinn. Ouch. Always can count on the Classic to see old friends and make new ones (Nice meeting you Russel and Bill Rogers). Food was outstanding plenty of cold beer, and Carlos, your mom's serrano pepper recipe,.....you have to get it to me. I pulled out around 2pm in the heat of the day/action, hit 57 north all the way up to San Dimas, then west to Sunland to hang at my wife's parents' place for a nice dinner, not a bad drive either, made it through Pasadena  just before 3pm or so.... . I probably ought to slow down out there. Thanks to all for a great time! Danny we still need to crack some beers...next time!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 22:04:30 pm by Jim Ratto » Logged
The Ideaman

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 17:09:03 pm »

Hey, Jim, I found out what Daniel wants for the Santana pulleys.  Thanks, Bill S, for letting us eat with you guys and BS'ing about old BMX, VW's and real estate.  Had a good time, but the top of my head is sunburned. 

It is the soldier,
Who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped in the flag,
Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.
Dave Galassi

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 17:41:51 pm »

and the breathtaking horsepower of Greg Brinton's wheelie-monster Schwinn. Ouch.
[/quote]

Wasn't that a girl's bike?
Jim Ratto

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 17:58:45 pm »

and the breathtaking horsepower of Greg Brinton's wheelie-monster Schwinn. Ouch.

Wasn't that a girl's bike?
[/quote]

yes but........    Grin
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:22:39 am »

I had an awesome time that wheelie was classic.... Grin 

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
bmxnut65

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 16:44:02 pm »

Jim fall down and go boom