The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 17:41:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  VW part number system according to Sheep
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VW part number system according to Sheep  (Read 6479 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: June 28, 2008, 00:59:22 am »

Working a job at a VW shop tends to create unique humorous situations. Some of you have been behind the parts counter and understand what I mean.... but you didn't work with Sheep.

we worked for a guy that was great, and taught us the world, but he had a temper that wouldn't quit and language to match.

Sheep and I knew almost every VW air cooled p/n in stock by heart after a few years. The boss picked up on this, we thought he was impressed. But Sheep being Sheep.... the boss would be typing an order for a customer and forget a part number to some widget and he'd yell out... "FRAAAANK....what's the g@d d@mn part number for the little piece of rubber under the door handles on a 1969??!!!" and Sheep would reply..."uhh...umm....oh yeah....111 211 311"

Sheep also had some fun with description of parts in the computer system. Every part had a part number and a description... like 113415061C was "Type 1 steering box".... normally. Well, Sheep would go into computer and change "things." So the boss would type up another order... for a steering box, punch in the numbers, and the invoice would print out "Ravioli with Meat Sauce".... and of course, our beloved boss would lose it and start throwing stuff....  it would kill me every time..
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 01:37:05 am »

Sheep also had some fun with description of parts in the computer system. Every part had a part number and a description... like 113415061C was "Type 1 steering box".... normally. Well, Sheep would go into computer and change "things." So the boss would type up another order... for a steering box, punch in the numbers, and the invoice would print out "Ravioli with Meat Sauce".... and of course, our beloved boss would lose it and start throwing stuff....  it would kill me every time..

Holy guacamole! If I did that at any of my jobs in the VW/Porsche days, I would've been lambasted and eventually fired. "Ravioli with Meat Sauce" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That there is some good stuff. Thanks for the laughs.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 01:51:42 am »

What's the VW Part # For a Large Pepperoni Pizza?

I'm getting Hungry!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Jim Ratto

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 16:05:46 pm »

I'm getting Hungry!

sorry, out of stock.....  how about a nice 411 813 225A ?
stealth67vw

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 16:41:42 pm »

What's the number for a exhaust gasket cheeseburger Grin

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 02:21:45 am »

When Mark The Orange worked at Circle Porsche, he changed the actual parts out and put food items in their place.

I also park at Nick's.
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 03:19:23 am »

I'm getting Hungry!

sorry, out of stock.....  how about a nice 411 813 225A ?

Can I get that with extra cheese? Wink

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 03:23:13 am »

When I worked at BAP, we had a customer who would send us a box of VW Rod Bearings, with a few joints inside, back as a thanks for extending him credit.  Shocked Grin

John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 04:46:40 am »

Mason?

I also park at Nick's.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 05:05:56 am »

we had a customer known only as Robbie of Concord that would drop off "gifts" when he came in for parts. HD stuff
stealth67vw

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 05:13:12 am »

we had a customer known only as Robbie of Concord that would drop off "gifts" when he came in for parts. HD stuff
Did Dan's wife make brownies out of it? I've had a few and they had a lasting effect.  Wink Grin

John Bates
JB Machining Services
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Jim Ratto

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 05:16:41 am »

Did Dan's wife make brownies out of it? I've had a few and they had a lasting effect.  Wink Grin

no, Robbie only gifted to me. It was a "deal" we had arranged.

#9's, from best of my memory, only brought lemon bars, banana bread, cookies and cheesecake, I don't remember any brownies...maybe it was after I quit.

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 06:15:12 am »

Mason?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

kafercup

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 03:14:40 am »

I still have my old BH receipts, and there are some classic Sheep quotes on them.  Smiley

Man!!!!! I almost forgot about Dans wifes cookies and lemon bars!!!!  They were out of this world good!
stealth67vw

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 04:08:29 am »

I found one the other day for my flanged Bugpack 84 crank I bought from Frank. The description said "Stroke my meat". The receipt for my 48 x 38 Heads Up Comp Eliminators said "Gaping Butthole"  Grin

John Bates
JB Machining Services
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
kafercup

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 05:19:51 am »

I found one the other day for my flanged Bugpack 84 crank I bought from Frank. The description said "Stroke my meat". The receipt for my 48 x 38 Heads Up Comp Eliminators said "Gaping Butthole"  Grin

Yup, that's 100% Sheep right there!  Grin
Jim Ratto

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 23:13:36 pm »

I still have my old BH receipts, and there are some classic Sheep quotes on them.  Smiley

Man!!!!! I almost forgot about Dans wifes cookies and lemon bars!!!!  They were out of this world good!

I remember locking myself in my room after bot hoxing my Bus and going at one his wife's cheesecakes with a big wooden spoon one night.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 23:17:16 pm »

Holy guacamole! If I did that at any of my jobs in the VW/Porsche days, I would've been lambasted and eventually fired. "Ravioli with Meat Sauce" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That there is some good stuff. Thanks for the laughs.

Mark that was nothing. You should have been there for the day he was interviewed, or the day of the Golf Ball Flood or when the old lady stripper came to visit.  You, having VW parts experience, probably know what a K Ghia rubber horn boot looks like? Well, he changed the description on that one to "monkey sex diaper"
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 23:18:59 pm »

I know the golf ball story, tell us about the old lady stripper!

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 17:35:06 pm »

Mark that was nothing. You should have been there for the day he was interviewed, or the day of the Golf Ball Flood or when the old lady stripper came to visit.  You, having VW parts experience, probably know what a K Ghia rubber horn boot looks like? Well, he changed the description on that one to "monkey sex diaper"

Hilarious, Jim. And, yes... I know exactly what a K.G. horn cover looks like. That's good stuff!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
peach_

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 00:42:15 am »

Working a job at a VW shop tends to create unique humorous situations. Some of you have been behind the parts counter and understand what I mean.... but you didn't work with Sheep.

we worked for a guy that was great, and taught us the world, but he had a temper that wouldn't quit and language to match.

Sheep and I knew almost every VW air cooled p/n in stock by heart after a few years. The boss picked up on this, we thought he was impressed. But Sheep being Sheep.... the boss would be typing an order for a customer and forget a part number to some widget and he'd yell out... "FRAAAANK....what's the g@d d@mn part number for the little piece of rubber under the door handles on a 1969??!!!" and Sheep would reply..."uhh...umm....oh yeah....111 211 311"

thats mint! lmao Cheesy

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
Jim Ratto

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 22:04:43 pm »

Had a couple of Caspers hot dogs with our old boss, Jerry yesterday.....it was great to see him after all these years, spent about 2 hr laughing our lungs out over these old stories and good times, old motors, old race cars, raising babies, and he even said he found a golf ball (STILL) under the shelving from Sheep's flood.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: