The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 19:55:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350867 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  stockers and buses @ nicks/ DKP cruisenight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: stockers and buses @ nicks/ DKP cruisenight  (Read 5251 times)
Speed-Randy

« on: June 07, 2008, 07:24:42 am »

what the f@#k is up with the stock buses filling up the parking lot along with total peices of shit in the lot while cars that people the have pour countless hours and dollars into have to park across the street behind all the buicks, fords and minivans? Hey bus guys, your day is saturday, enjoy it then. you dudes with the roaches, nobody wants to see your pile of crap parked up front next to a
$50000 callooker with carb linkage that is worth more than your car. sorry about the pissing and moaning, but i need to vent Angry

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:06:21 am »

IMO since the event is not a car show but a DKP gathering the rest of the spots are first come first serve. Open to all models; coach to roach. I see your point though although it's to be expected when the rest of the spots are up for grabs.

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Speed-Randy

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 16:19:10 pm »

look i dont hate any of these guys, im just sayin, nicks cruise nite before classic has generally been the place were you get to preveiw a car and get a buzz about it goin into the classic. if the lot is full of crap and unrestored cars, its only a matter of time before it turns into a swapmeet with guys trying to sell the greasy pullies and used distributor caps like they do at pomona.

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 13:08:28 pm »

I agree... I was expecting to see more finished cars (not primered or rusted out) buses and cars. We walked around the surrounding parking lots and saw many vehicles that should've been in the Nick's lot. Oh well.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Bryan67

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 15:15:17 pm »

Not that I`m a fan of beater hoodrides but I didn`t realize there were regulations regarding only shiny cal look cars allowed.....

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 15:45:06 pm »

hey man I spent alot of time gettin the rust on my beater bus just right, and I have the right to park were I want!!!!  Aweeee just kidin. LOL

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Speed-Randy

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 17:02:19 pm »

turns out i was right, there was some dude in a bus selling SHIT in the back row, wont be long till the lot is covered with easyups and broken dome lights for sale. i dont hate the patina or rust buckets, i have 2 unfinished cars myself, but i would never take a spot in the lot with either one because im well aware of the fact that other cars should be seen there. i just feel that DKP is all about callook and to even be considered your car has to run a 13 second 1/4 mile, be painted, and be close to finshed(are they ever?). IMO people should respect that and not park SHIT in the lot, there is a huge lot across the street for that

DKKBRIAN
DKK

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 03:53:32 am »

YOU GO RANDY!

DUH..WINNING !
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 17:39:00 pm »

I see what you're sayin, but I woulda loved to get the Slingle Cab in there (it was packed when we arrived). It's got old paint, and a little rust, but in my opinion (and we all know what opinions are like), it is as cal look as a type 2 can get Roll Eyes

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Greg G

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 07:29:47 am »

If you want to park in the parking lot at Nick's this year, you had to be there before 4pm. If you wanted a good spot you had to be there before 2:30. I may not have a finish car, but I had one that got there early enough to get a spot.

Greg
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 04:14:09 am by Greg G » Logged
bugnut68

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 18:49:46 pm »

I've only been to the Pre-Classic DKP get together once-- in 2002, when it was still DQ -- and I parked my bone-stock '68 in there.  I drove it all the way from Eugene, Oregon, and nobody said peep to me.  Granted, it wasn't beat to hell, but it also wasn't a multi thousand dollar show-winner either. 

I dug the format of the first-come, first-served type of cruise, as I think if it ever becomes a deal where people come up and say "You need to move your car, it's not nice enough to park here even though you got here at 2 p.m. and Joe Blow showed up at 7 p.m. with a much nicer car" that it will push the VW scene uncomfortably close to the elitist street rod crowd. 

Regardless of a stocker or beater here and there (hell, remember the SSB? who doesn't? lol), I think the cruise night should continue to welcome all VWs, as those that want to be front and center with their prides and joys will prioritize getting there early on and getting a good spot. 

That said, I also think greasy swap meet shit should be saved for greasy swap meets.  MHO.
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 02:39:04 am »

Damn, I just remembered I parked my POS Sloback in there, I think it was 2003. That car shoulda parked across the street for sure, but there was room so I took it! Smiley

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
SlingShot

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 04:54:24 am »

what the f@#k is up with the stock buses filling up the parking lot along with total peices of shit in the lot while cars that people the have pour countless hours and dollars into have to park across the street behind all the buicks, fords and minivans? Hey bus guys, your day is saturday, enjoy it then. you dudes with the roaches, nobody wants to see your pile of crap parked up front next to a
$50000 callooker with carb linkage that is worth more than your car. sorry about the pissing and moaning, but i need to vent Angry

I agree with you 110% ! Wink The DKP cruise night should be the cream of the Cal-Look crop! Fact is, if DKP accepted sub par cars in the club, then sure, who gives a rats ass who and what parks at Nicks, but we all know what DKP stands for, Quailty not hoodride. I would love to see the cruise night be a invite only event, that would hipe it up big time.  :oI know DKP wants to carry a friendly attitude and not piss people off, but obviously some people get upset no matter what you do. Roll Eyes

Will Race For Beer !!!
Casey

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 17:29:04 pm »

I feel I know what contributed to this. My buddy was tied up with me and my car. We showed up late. He is normally the parking police for that cruise night, and has to be the "bad guy" as to who gets in and out. Anyone who has seen him perform, knows who I am talking about!!  Grin Cheesy Wink

DKP III
bugnut68

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 23:11:30 pm »

I never knew the Cruise Night was intended to be a 'Cal-Look' only type of thing, but simply a get together.  The way I figure it, those that want to get there and get a good spot prioritize it.  Don't get me wrong, I like well built completed cars much more than "hoodrides" but I'm also not a huge fan of exclusivity.  However, I also recognize that if the DKP wants to format the cruise night for 'Cal Look only,' then that's their right to do so.  Either way, I'm stuck as a spectator for now. Grin
Speed-Randy

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 00:13:39 am »

I think invite only is a little extreme, all i was tryin to get across is, if it aint painted, lowered, and have a big motor with bigger carbs, you should probably park accross the street. as far as getting there early, some of us actually have a job, unlike the stock bus guys who seem to be perpetually unemployed and can and will show up the day befor if necassary to to show their rotting westfalia, complete with an old longboard that doesnt even float much less be able to surf on it, like any surfer drives a bus to the beach anymore. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYIN TO KID GUYS! what do you think the octo guys would do if we all fill their event with lookers doin burnouts everywhere, i garaunty we'd be asked to leave. I dont hate the bus guys, i have a very clean 67, that will never be seen at nicks, i dont hate the og paint guys, i have a 59 euro rag waiting to get the full treatment. but the car i do take to nicks is my 60 rag, 2L, 48ida's, on brms, painted with the interior done, that i have to park across the street because some clueless DOUCHENOZZLE is taking up space.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 00:18:24 am »

Agreed! By the way, Douchenozzle is the new Dweeb.

Scenic!

Grin

~Sarge
Bryan67

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 03:58:26 am »

How about if we just let the DKP decide?

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 04:11:39 am »

How about if we just let the DKP decide?

Being that's it's their event, that makes the most sense. We're just discussing the options.

~Sarge
Greg G

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 04:28:30 am »

if it aint painted, lowered, and have a big motor with bigger carbs, you should probably park accross the street. my 60 rag, 2L, 48ida's, on brms, painted with the interior done,

What color paint? Are two tones out? How low is considered lowered? What is considered a big motor? Any thing under 2300cc's seems to be available to just about anyone now a days.

You car may still end up across the street.

Speed-Randy

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 05:02:22 am »

it may be, but at least it will be washed

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: