The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 12:01:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  What is this '56 bug worth?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is this '56 bug worth?  (Read 2201 times)
Sam K

« on: July 10, 2008, 04:50:29 am »

So I recently bought this former street/race type bug. I mainly bought it because I want the transmission, wheels and a few other parts from it. It would be cool to keep around for a future project, but I just don't have the space, so it has to go. I'll be putting it up for sale as soon as I get the title and I pull off all of the parts I want, but I have no clue what to ask for it. Here are it's vital statistics:

It's a 1956 bug with a ragtop sunroof and semaphores. Overall, the body's not bad. There is a little rust near where the body and pan bolt together under the back seat. The rear apron has been removed and the "trays" inside the engine compartment and prety rough.  It has one piece windows and the left side of the dasboard has been cut out and replaced with a sheet of aluminum. The ragtop cover and mechanism are in great shape. The semaphores are intact, but the lens on the driver's side is missing.

It's on a '69 pan. It has a puma style adjustable beam, 5 lug drums in the front and disc brakes in the rear. The battery tray has been poorly replaced, but other than that, it's allright. The only interior is a pair of mismatched lowback from a '65 or '66.

Overall, it's not in bad shape and could be easily made into a nice car. The centerlines on it in the pictures will be replaced with some stockers when I sell it. So what do you guys think it's worth?

Speed-Randy

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 04:58:46 am »

about $900

ian c

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 05:17:35 am »

about $2-3k

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 08:20:36 am »

Dunno about the car, but I'll take the steering wheel. I like that.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
nicolas

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:42:07 am »

for sure, i even want to pick up the whole car for you. we can even split shipping half half. it has potential!
ian c

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 20:18:07 pm »

@65 911/2 isnt it ?

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 22:16:03 pm »

@65 911/2 isnt it ?

I'll go with that theory. Close enough for me. I just dig the Porsche 911 & 912 steering wheels from the '60s. Probably the only steering wheel(s) I'd use on my '67. I'm over aftermarket ones.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: