The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 09:42:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  empi style type3's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: empi style type3's  (Read 5610 times)
nicolas

« on: August 03, 2008, 18:00:27 pm »

you don't see that many and i am weighing my options to make my squareback look like one...
but i am not planning on going full Monty on the look and buy all the gauges and so on, but i am more interested in the engine and engine performance, maybe C stripes (i don't really like them, but it could work on a square... ) and some pics to set the height and all that a bit better. i'll look around to find some pics to see what i start with here. the engine is apart for now, so maybe with some effort i can upgrade it too a Empi style engine, muffler, cam, carbs,...

thanks

nicolas
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 18:13:33 pm »

I've always loved the look of a type 3 in the EMPI style!

I also park at Nick's.
beetletom

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 18:57:35 pm »

DO IT!!!!

Cool Cool Cool

be different!  Grin
streetvw

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 19:26:39 pm »

not EMPI style as such but a friend in australia has built this panel van in a cal look style

nicolas

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 20:20:58 pm »

yeah i have those pics on my laptop somewhere. that panel is so nice. really neatly done.
my car is a 67 TL (luxe) squareback in VW blue and is in the process off being refitted with an swingaxle gearbox again as i was not happy with the IRS conversion that has been done to it before. it runs on original rims right now, but it looks like i can find a set off empi 8's that would fit the car good. so do i pant them blue or not. what did Empi do? and i run a sort off glasspack muffler and i like the look. it is not stock, but it isn't ugly. so i got the idea there and now i am looking at the possibilities...
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 02:28:08 am »

here is a Picture of My 69 Squareback we were color sanding it in the picture (Peru Green) it had EMPI 8 Spokes 4 Wheel Disc's. Bilstien Shocks,Empi GT Rosewood Wheel, I won Second Place at the second Type 3 Day In Calif Car Was Sold And went to Japan I had this Car at the Same time Dave Glassie had his Notch Back
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 00:20:14 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 14:59:04 pm »

Streetvw, that black Squareback is gorgeous! I really like that. I've never seen a fully decked out EMPI Type 3 and don't know that I'd care for it. To me, the less it more theory applies. Just put the wheels and steering wheel on and call it a day. Much like that black car. Very uncommon to see the clock delete on a Type 3, but I'm sure that it was more commonplace outside of the States.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
nicolas

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 20:20:20 pm »

well i could do that, i just want to have an idea off how it would look. i have seen some shots off fastbacks that got spyderrims on them and i think they also had the C-stripes as well. so the car i have is not a showcar although it has had a repaint and all, but i am weighing my options here.
as for the clockdelete, it is used on all N models. all the models without the deluxe trim. like the black one. it has short reflectorhousings and the chromestrip runs all along the body and there are no sidemarkerlights. the N models also didn't have the overriders and the early style bullet turnsignals up front. this one was probally a N model to start with and i believe that it allready was a panel. those are very nice as well, but i don't have panels...

so maybe someone can post some pics off all the types off type3's in Empi guise.
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 20:30:42 pm »

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 23:51:37 pm »

add a c stripe kit... and the wood grain decal for the bottom half of the dash...  ( I got the NOS front swaybar, looking for a rear camber comp when I get around to it )  Grin

John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 00:01:21 am »

That's a NICE type3!

I also park at Nick's.
nicolas

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 12:02:36 pm »

yeah that is nice, but it seems like you are the man to have nice type3's...

so far my car has the empi shifter, and the gravel guards. i added those allready beforehand. so it isn't that much more....  Roll Eyes i also will have a set off empi 8's that could suit the car very nicely. but i have no instruments and no woodgrain finish... were does that go and does anyone have pictures?

i also have a exhaust that remotely looks like an empi one but not the sump.
and cocomats could make my day, but i may have a source on those, if he didn't sell them...

i think Fred is right, i am not the biggest fan of the stripes, but it might work on the VW blue car. (even in gold that would be awesome)
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 16:15:01 pm »

add a c stripe kit... and the wood grain decal for the bottom half of the dash...  ( I got the NOS front swaybar, looking for a rear camber comp when I get around to it )  Grin

Looks like ISP west to me , cool guys !
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 16:45:12 pm »

c stripes on a fast

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: