The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:19:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350860 Posts in 28605 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  engine lid stuck closed!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: engine lid stuck closed!  (Read 1433 times)
alex d

« on: September 25, 2008, 09:45:30 am »

I was using stand offs but I didn't like the look of them, so I took them off, while I was putting the lid back on, it looked a bit out of alignment so I closed it to check....and it won't open!!  Shocked
it's a 64 but it has a pushbutton latch insted of the T-handle....any idea? I tried to move around the lid but it won't release...and of course I need the car this weekend!

Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 12:05:46 pm »

Steel ruler pushed up under the lid? that might lift the latch enough?

Thinking about it, is the lid catching on the drip rail that holds the rubber seal? My bonnet used to do that.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
alex d

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 12:17:14 pm »

I don't know where it's catching but I tried to slip a small crescent wrench to lift the latch, I used to do this before when the latch retaining pin used to slip off, but now it does nothing...  Angry   in fact no matte how hard you push, the button won't move at all, as if was locked (which it isn't, I don't even have the key!)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: