The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 15:13:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350873 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A prayer to the Kircher Family aka luftkafer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A prayer to the Kircher Family aka luftkafer  (Read 3332 times)
my65rhd

« on: November 14, 2008, 07:50:14 am »

I just wanted to pass along a note from Erich's friend off Samba...I had known Erich since 1990 or so. He was always a wonderful friend and fun to be around. He is sure going to be missed.    Kyle mr rhd

Hi everyone,

I just received a call from Tom Niedernhofer a few minutes ago to pass the word to me and his other friends that our buddy Erich Kircher passed away this morning at about 1 am from his illness. I have no other details or info about services as of yet, but I'm sure that the info will be passed around as the info is decided upon.

Please remember Erich, his wife Wendy and son Karsten in your thoughts and prayers. Erich was a long time VW enthusiast in our hobby, who along with his brother Martin and family has built, owned and driven many old VWs. He was always quick to assist and advise others and would do anything to help an enthusiast or beginner out. Erich and Wendy were also the most recent recipients of the Common Gear Societys' "Heros of Antique Volkswagening Award" which only a select handful of VW enthusiasts have ever been awarded for selfless contributions back to our hobby. That's just the kind of guy Erich was. He will obviously missed by his close friends as well as anyone who ever met him.

Kathryn and I love him and will always miss him and are thinking of Wendy, Karsten and Erichs' family. Rest in peace Erich!

Bill Bowman

The services are set for Saturday November 22, at 2pm at the Parent-Sorensen Mortuary in Petaluma.

In Loving Memory of my mom Vicki and brothers Jeff and David Madden
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:06:28 am »

God bless him and prayers to the family.

Fast vw beetle's rule
Neil Davies

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 08:45:08 am »

I'd never met Erich, but we had emailed over the past couple of years through thesamba, and he's always been kind, funny and full of energy. When I found that he was on here I was quite suprised but really pleased when I found out he was planning a '60 cal looker for Wendy. It is a real shock to find that he's gone - like many others I'd been following his progress on thesamba and I really thought that he was getting better, so I'm just completely stunned. Erich, I'm thinking of you today, and my thoughts also go out to Wendy and Karsten, their little boy.
Neil

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:36:37 am »

Oh no! I've known Erich for many years, both as a vintage VW guy and one of "us". You'll be sadly missed. God bless. Cry

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:30:46 am »

It seems just like the other day when I saw him at the Phoenix Club event. I think he rolled in a '46 vintage which if I remember correctly he just bought prior to the event. So sorry to hear this. He looked up spirited when I last saw him. Just proves how precious life really is. He will be greatly missed but never forgotten from my thoughts. Undecided Cry If there is anything I can do to help in any way please email me.

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 14:33:33 pm »

Very sad news... thoughts and prayers going out to Erich's family and friends.

Godspeed.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Donny B.

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 14:42:06 pm »

I met Erich years ago, what a nice guy.  This makes me so sad.  My thoughts a prayers go out to his family!

Damn.......!

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Jim Ratto

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 17:27:48 pm »

I was lucky enough to have Erich and Wendy to my party last year. Very kind couple, it was a pleasure to meet them. Sorry I never got a chance to get to know him better, as I hear he was a great guy. I know he got a chuckle out of me falling down my stairs.

Very sorry to hear this and best wishes to Wendy and Karsten.

stealth67vw

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 03:41:04 am »

Man, I feel sick. I didn't even know Erich was sick until last week when I read on the Samba about his stomach cancer. I too met Erich and Wendy at Jim's party. Very nice couple. Godspeed Erich. Cancer sucks! My Dad and my Uncle are both battling it right now.

FUCK CANCER Angry

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Sarge

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 13:39:46 pm »

I'm totally stunned here as I too was at Jim's party and had the good fortune of meeting Erich and Wendy.  My heart, prayers and thoughts are with Wendy and the rest of Erich's family.  Hard to believe. Sad

DKP III
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: