The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 18:34:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350832 Posts in 28603 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Where is it now. Black 67 volksworld mid 90's
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Where is it now. Black 67 volksworld mid 90's  (Read 12802 times)
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 13:31:57 pm »

Hi all. Just to put you in the picture. Car definately did not go to Croatia Uncle Keith.
Ahah! I remember Luke telling me about this guy who was going to buy it less big engine and was taking it back to the 'east'. Glad it stayed over here – good luck. It was, to my way of thinking, the nicest ’67 of its time. Look forward to seeing it again. Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Straight Time

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 20:06:55 pm »

Thanks KS. Hope to have it out again soon. This time it will definately see some action.  Wink

No retreat, No surrender !
Doktor

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 11:03:19 am »

Was Ricki Ryatt's car – I built a 2160 (or something) for it. Was indeed sold through TBS (RR swapped it for a 911, I think) and the car went out to Croatia, or somewhere like that.

Not really 'street racing' – more a blast away from the lights. Only because I wanted to see what the front of the car looked like as it disappeared backwards in the mirror...  Grin

I'm sure it had a 2007cc twin 48ida motor.

What were you racing it in and how the hell did it end up in Croatia?

Probably long gone by now but still we have cars like Alex Taylor’s black ‘67 to perv over now  Grin

Old post, but just to add a few words...

I remeber this car from Volksworld feature in '98 (or maybe '99) because of engine configuration... 2007ccm and about 150 - 160bhp sounded very cool to me !
Today, 2007ccm engine is still my dream combo and guilty for that was article featuring that car that by the way didn't ended in Croatia - trust me I would know that !

Cool

dr.aircooled
1957lowlight

Philip Steenackers

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 07:59:56 am »

I remember this car too.   It's got to be 1997 finished or so around the time I was finishing of my 66.  It was/is a very nice car. 1967 US spec, black with fuchs and a very nice interior...

Philip Steenackers
Founding member of the Flatline Lowriders since 1997
1966 Old School Bug
1957 Old Speed Ghia (under construction)
lowlight@scarlet.be
http://flatline-lowriders.skynetblogs.be
jmarkha1

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 12:34:11 pm »

I bought the 5.5s and deep 6s from Ricki - from the black car - used them on my car antil I found some Americanns and then sold them to a guy in UK up north who ran a tidy vert looker - recycling eh...

Hi all. Just to put you in the picture. Car definately did not go to Croatia Uncle Keith. I own it and is now a resident of sunny West Yorkshire !!!!!!! The car had been a daily driver around London for a while after Ricky sold it. Hence the inevitable ding here and there. Just battlescares though, right.  If anyone has any other info on the car I would be gratefull to hear it.

I did buy it from TBS, (Thanks for your help Luke) and have owned the car for about 5 years. Unfortunately was not in the spec as featured in Volksworld back in the day but still rock solid and used regularly until very recently. I bought it as I am a true cal look fan and had always wanted a Genuine U.S SPEC 67 since seeing Hector Bonnila's car. She came with the carters gearbox still in tact but with only a very mild 1776 with single weber carb. The Lucas indicators were long gone but soon to be replaced and the decklid ( with aronson style vents ) had been replaced with a genuine 67 cabrio lid. Result!! Grin

The interior is basically the same in the desirable red but had some very loud bright red Awesome bucket seats Undecided. Fortunately she was supplied with the origional seats as well. The Fuchs have been since replaced with a set of Gas burners.

Big plans in the pipeline with early 11's in mind. At least a 2336 but think will go down the EFI route Shocked. Upgrade to Berg 5 speed ( if anyone has one of the earlier 5 speed polished gear leavers please let me know) and roll cage. Because the car has had a history and still known as Rickys car a change of colour may be on the cards, but as one of the first US 67'S on the UK scene, maybe not.

Thanks for the interest.
Gregor/DFL

No comment...

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 13:36:20 pm »

...oh my god-it really reads like "technic parts incest" here Grin

1965 black bug with Empi 5s
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 16:04:48 pm »

Don't know anything about the 67, but the BRM wheeled split behind it will make a comeback this summer. First outing in about seven years. Can't wait  Smiley

If it's pal rui's split (and i guess it is) wasn't that car at EBI 1?

Glitter don't make you faster.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 16:15:07 pm »

that car was at ebi 1 roland  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: