The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 16:22:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DGVA periphery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DGVA periphery  (Read 1327 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« on: December 17, 2008, 23:43:57 pm »

just watching some picture of my old rally dash plaque i've on the dashboard of the 61 and i see the name of dyno don of the lynn rosevear and i've the light flashing in my brain  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

periphery rally.....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ......dgva.... Roll Eyes ......dyno don......... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes .......... Shocked tilt  : ,rally organized by a club..... the club....... and the club member.................. Cool Cool

dyno can you share with us some stories about the periphery rally  that you club organized in the early 70's   Kiss

rgd  Wink
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:21:06 am »

getting hooked in 1967 into the early vw scene i pretty much met a load of people but stayed a free agent just scouting the scene with much emphasis on DKP as they were the local guys(anaheim)with the most bitchin cars  and i always drooled at their machines but my reality was that i couldnt afford such bitchin stuff...so as it was my first 63 vw was less than the standard for most but DGVA welcomed me with open arms right around that time and one thing that will ALWAYS stay with me was the rush of excitement that ran through me as it was my first participating vw rally and also to be associated with a club of basic troublemakers/misfits/and goofoffs  that mainly feasted on large consumptions of brew was good for my male macho side as well... i decided to ride at the last minute with a friend in his souped up 68 vw and as we drove we were both mesmerized by the countless stream of bitchin vw's caravanning(and running countless red lights as we held up traffic) through the streets of orange county to finally ending up somewhere local with over several hundred cars converging all at once as each vw would rev and light up their tires upon entering the designated parking lot/i thought to myself...this is a nice slice of pure heaven..!! at the end of the rallys all would eat pizza and hoist frothy mugs for the rest of the evening as the many different clubs would take their turn yelling out their club songs ...!! most all of the rally's at that time were simular in fashion and thats what made that era what is was..even to this day..!!  if your asking me to be more specific/just do the math/and my mind?forget about it..!!  LOL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: