The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:38:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Floor pan torque sequence and torque specs.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Floor pan torque sequence and torque specs.  (Read 1838 times)
Brian Silva

« on: February 28, 2009, 19:03:14 pm »

Hi guys, finally got my parts back from the plater and want to bolt the body back to the pan. Anyone know what the torque sequence is? I know they mention it in the vw bible which unfortunatly i don't have. I also need the torque specs if possible. Calling "Dr. Archive" !
Lanny Hussey

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 21:45:06 pm »

Before tightening the fasteners down, check the thickness of the boy mount rubber shims to the originals. Years ago, I had a customer call me in tears saying his doors wouldn't close and the body was bent, all caused by extra thick rubber beam top shims. He kept tightening the bolts down each side until the whole body was warped so bad, the doors hit the heater channels. Shocked Luckily, by sorting out the shims, it sprang back.

1967, the only year that matters.
Hong Kong Syndicate

I'm not Db Cooper!

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 00:27:27 am »

The torque to bolt the floor pan to the body is between 2,0 - 3,0 m.kg
 Now for the conversion you can use this
Mkg in=> Ft/lbs = Mkg x 7    Mkg in=> In/lbs = Mkg x 88

I know, I know my English is very poor Tongue
Brian Silva

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 05:15:54 am »

Awesome thanks guys. I didn't want to adjust the door clearences until the pan was bolted in. Now the doors close like butter! I used the logical method for a sequence and started from the center of the car under the doors and used an x pattern from there out. Seemed to work out perfect and all the tolerances closed up around the doors and so on. I sinched all the bolts hand tight then re-torqued to 50 ft lbs with some loctite.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: