The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 21:44:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350841 Posts in 28603 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Decade parts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Decade parts?  (Read 3331 times)
bugnut68

« on: August 28, 2012, 17:58:01 pm »

Got the October issue of Hot VWs yesterday and noticed a brand in the Moore Parts ad as well as an upcoming feature in November on a new version of IDF carbs?  Decade parts I believe is what I saw, apparently making a variety of parts, including IDF copies and exhaust systems... just wondering if anyone was aware of this?
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 18:37:51 pm »

www.decadeparts.com

Hahaha your killing me.........
richie

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 19:02:28 pm »

I'm avoiding the purist end of things... too many things for people to be pissed off about.  I used to enjoy the Lounge, but even over there it seems like there's a few people who take this hobby wayyyyyyyyyy too seriously, IMO. 
There's a lot of cool people, don't get me wrong, and the good people are what keep me in VWs... but the guys who are too big for their britches are starting to grate on my nerves.  Lol.

Interesting quote taken from the CLF that you posted only a month ago

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
bugnut68

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 19:53:43 pm »

I'm avoiding the purist end of things... too many things for people to be pissed off about.  I used to enjoy the Lounge, but even over there it seems like there's a few people who take this hobby wayyyyyyyyyy too seriously, IMO. 
There's a lot of cool people, don't get me wrong, and the good people are what keep me in VWs... but the guys who are too big for their britches are starting to grate on my nerves.  Lol.

Interesting quote taken from the CLF that you posted only a month ago

Hmmm, and this is on topic how?  Cyber stalk much?  I directed the quote directly at you in what fashion?

I ask a single question and this is the reply I get.  I stand by that quote that you so kindly posted from a completely different forum, as you totally and perfectly confirmed my opinion. 

I have no idea what prompted you to dig up "dirt" on me in this particular thread, and judging by the history here of deleting posts/threads that may be perceived as personal or offensive (which I certainly hope will happen in this case, as it's a complete textbook example), but rest assured that that CLF post wasn't directed at you or anyone specific... only an observation of people getting anal over how on topic a thread (which this one now is not) is and the general attitudes... something that could be said about nearly every VW site on the web.  I slammed NO ONE personally, just attitudes. 
Thanks for your gracious gesture, though, Richie, I've never met you face to face and likely never will, though I have no personal malice against you; however, as memory serves, I did at least one occasion send you pics of your 'vert from Sacramento or Bug In a few years ago or something to that effect, gratis and out of courtesy, something I'll do for just about anybody that asks, since I'm there taking pics anyway.  But who cares, right?

Obviously, I'm not worthy of posting on such a prestigious and exclusive web site and I should bowing down in remorse for having expressed an opinion elsewhere on the internet and now must live in fear of having it come back to haunt me for whatever BS reason mandated that you do so. 

I've said more than enough, I think.
richie

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 20:46:29 pm »

Just to correct you on a couple of points,yes I have met you face to face,and it has nothing to do with being worthy or anything similar,you slag of the lounge and some of its contributors,then decide to post some nonsense which in my opinion is worthy of off topic at the most, in the pure racing section.

I enjoy the lounge,and hopefully i contribute to it,there are posts and people I dont agree with,but that is the same with most forums,if you dont like it or its members thats fine,there are plenty of forums that will no doubt be more in line with your tastes,maybe you should just post on those that you do like.

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 19:36:22 pm »

this is how this thread reads to me...  Grin

Bugnut68 :does anyone know anything about this new company copying Weber's and injecting more china parts into our VW WORLD, round the troops & start the witch hunt

Richie: answer to that, why do you care? a month ago you claimed to step down from the klan / group of witch hunters...

ME: with that said, knowing Enrico who is involved with Decade Parts, what I have seen of the products, they are new ideas & improvements to existing VW air cooled performance products, original improvements that no one has come out with, everything is tested thoroughly before hand, I wish the best of luck to them !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: